six

third person pov

by now, donghyuck followed jihye around in school. people gossiped.

omg, are they dating?

hah, jung jihye looks like she's ignoring him.

wow i never thought that lee donghyuck was one to chase after girls.

ugh she's not even that pretty.

i thought they hated each other...

whispers could be heard wherever the two went. jihye strode down the hall after class ended, heading to the cafeteria for lunch. donghyuck followed behind her. suddenly she turned a corner behind a few lockers, grabbing donghyuck by the arm.

"listen, hyuck, i don't know why you keep following me around, but people are getting the wrong idea," she sighed in annoyance. "don't you have something better to do?"

donghyuck shrugged.

"why don't you go annoy jaemin and those kids, why do you keep following me?"

he shrugged again and mumbled. "i don't know why i follow you either..."

"huh?" jihye asked, clearly not hearing what he said.

"i said because i feel sorry that you have no other friends, fatass."

"jeez you didn't have to be that harsh," jihye rolled her eyes and turned around with a flick of her hair, heading to where the food was.

donghyuck sighed and followed her.

~

the two sat with jaemin, jeno and renjun.

"i heard a lot of rumours about you two," renjun looked at donghyuck and jihye.

jihye exhaled loudly. here we go again... she thought.

"they aren't true right?"

"of course not, there's not way in the entire hecking universe that i'd date this shithead," jihye jabbed donghyuck with her thumb. donghyuck winced.

"ouch," jaemin muttered.

"you didn't have to be so straightforward about that," donghyuck feigned an offended face, but on the inside, it was a different story.

does she really despise me that much? would she really not even consider dating me? he thought to himself.

was i too harsh? jihye reconsidered her words but brushed off the feeling. i feel so bad, what if i really hurt him with my words?

she glanced over to donghyuck who just rolled his eyes at her.

pfft i guess not.

not long after, mark, chenle and jisung joined their table.

"who..." jihye looked up to see three boys standing by their table. her mouth fell open slightly as she gazed upon their handsome and cute faces. "are you three?"

"oh right, we're their friends," mark gestured to the seated boys. "we can sit here, right?"

they all nodded.

"i'm mark by the way," mark smiled at jihye. she internally fangirled. that boy is too handsome for his own good.

"i'm chenle, and i'm from china, like renjun," chenle grinned.

"jisung," jisung introduced himself simply with a smile and a nod of a head.

"the seven of us are all childhood friends," donghyuck explained.

"woah really? i haven't seen you three around though," jihye remarked.

"i'm a senior so i'm on the floor above you," mark said. jihye 'oh'ed.

"jisung and i are in year ten," chenle said.

"damn that's why you two look so young," jihye laughed.

"so um..." donghyuck nudged jihye. he whispered, "name?"

jihye stared at him in confusion for a second before realised what she had forgotten to do.

"oh right! i'm jihye, by the way. jung jihye," she nodded to the newcomers.

"heard a bit about you from donghyuck hyung," chenle chuckled.

"what i-" donghyuck tried to defent himself.

"he's your fanboy," mark winked.

total and utter humiliation in front of jihye... this is great, mark lee and zhong chenle, i'm gonna have your necks.

"yeah as if," jihye laughed.

~

donghyuck walked jihye home again after school, like he had ever since after their study session at his place.

"why do you always walk me home? it's in the opposite direction to your house," jihye kicked a few rocks on the footpath.

"do you think i want to get home early and study?" donghyuck posed a question with an obvious answer.

"right when i thought you were being nice," jihye huffed.

"and also because i'm your friend."

jihye looked up in surprise and blinked a couple of times, looking at donghyuck. her navy blue eyes sparkled and donghyuck tried not to smile.

"if i follow you around all day, sit with you at lunch, help you in class and walk you home everyday, what else is that supposed to mean?" donghyuck asked a rhetorical question and looked at his shoes after he spoke.

"that you have a crush on me?" jihye assumed.

"what? when did i ever?" donghyuck tried not to stutter. he exhaled. "i'm just your friend, okay?"

"mhm," jihye replied, unconvinced.

she continued to walk forward and donghyuck trailed behind her instead of walking beside her.

another close one...

-----

im undead ya'll

(and experiencing major writer's block)

- gao an