thirteen

third person

the next morning jihye decided that she was going to confess to donghyuck.

she didn't care if he didn't like her back, or that she wasn't his soulmate -

or so she thought.

~

jihye took a peek at donghyuck during their maths class. his face was softened, the usual resting-bitch-always-judging-you face had disappeared from his concentration. she liked the way his bangs softly swayed with each question he answered, tapping his pen on the side of his cheek.

why is he more beautiful than me ;-; jihye thought.

donghyuck glanced back at her, catching her by surprise.

"trying to look at my answers?" he whispered, grinning, pulling his test paper to the end of the table furthest from jihye.

"that would be smart of me, but no," she whispered back.

donghyuck tore a piece of scrap paper his pocket and scribbled a note.

'admiring me? ;)' it read.

jihye thought she concealed her feelings pretty well as she rolled her eyes and looked back down at her own paper.

but donghyuck noticed the flush of her ears and the small smile that never left her face for the rest of the day.

~

this is my chance, THIS IS MY CHANCE! jihye thought to herself as she and donghyuck, walking side by side, began nearing her apartment.

donghyuck had been kind enough to walk her home that day (again). his excuse this time was that it was getting dark.

they walked silently with only the gentle, summer breeze and the scuffing of shoes being heard.

donghyuck was thinking about the exact same thing - when to confess.

it seemed that now, in front of jihye's place (with beautiful weather, i must say,) was the best time.

the timing was perfect, basically.

until -

"jihye-"

"um-"

the two began at the same time. jihye's heart thudded rapidly.

FUCK FUCK FUCK I CAN'T DO THIS. they both thought.

"wait nevermind," jihye added quickly, "you go first."

"on a second thought, it's nothing," donghyuck awkwardly fidgeted with his hands.

both of their hopes fell.

"i'll uh, get going now," hyuck mumbled and waved sadly.

"bye..." jihye returned the same sad wave.

i would be completely lying to you if i told you that right there and then, donghyuck didn't want to just confess and kiss her.

the two parted and jihye sulked into her apartment.

"why the long face?" jaehyun asked.

"i was about to confess then chickened out," she sighed.

"huh? just now?"

jihye nodded gloomily.

jaehyun looked out the window to see donghyuck with a longing look.

at the sight of jaehyun's face, donghyuck jumped a little and quickly set off on his way home.

i approve of this boi jaehyun thought.