fourteen

third person

donghyuck waited in front of jihye's house the next morning to walk to school with her.

"bro, you could've just gone straight to school, you literally have to walk past school to get to my house," jihye greeted him as they began their short walk.

"three things i have to say: one, don't call me bro, i'm your boyfriend and soulmate."

jihye nearly choked on her spit and then laughed awkwardly.

"two, i want to waste time because i want to delay time until i enter those gates as much as possible."

jihye nodded in agreement.

"and three because the night was so fucking long, tomorrow wouldn't come fast enough and i missed you."

"i- um, er...." jihye stuttered, not knowing how to repond to that. "thanks?"

donghyuck smiled, happy to see her blush and laugh. he took her hand in his own and jihye made no objections whatsoever.

it was peaceful enough, for now, as the two walked to school, their hands lightly swinging with each step. but oh no, that peace wouldn't last, for the creepy and jealous fangirls were coming.

~

jihye let go of donghyuck's hand when she saw the school gate. donghyuck ignored it and held her again. jihye tried to pull out of his grip but her attempt proved futile.

"what?" jihye, asked, slightly irritated.

"yeah, what?" donghyuck shot back in the same tone.

"the freaky ass clowns, those fangirls of yours, you're gonna be attacked," jihye stated the obvious.

"well i have a human shield called jung jihye to protect me," donghyuck joked, but jihye didn't take it too well. she sprinted off before cheekily turning around.

"catch me, you bitch!" she teased before turning back around to run.

cute... donghyuck thought before chasing after her down the street.

(i would like to apologise on behalf of jihye and donghyuck to all the residents of that street.)

puffed out, the two decided to hold hands again as they entered the school gates.

"fine, i'll 'shield' you," was jihye's excuse.

gasps and cries of shock were heard as bunches of school girls gossiped about jihye and donghyuck.

"omg guys! lee donghyuck and jung jihye from class 2-2 are soulmates! and they're dating!"

"wtf no way, that's not his eye colour though?"

"bitch snatched my man ugh."

"nooooooooooooo!" *sobs in ugly*

jihye and donghyuck walked hand-in-hand down the school hall, a pleasant surprise for the other six boys (maybe not jaemin).

"noona! hyung! you didn't tell me you two were dating!" jisung, in the moment, forgot to drop the formalities.

"hyuck you gotta explain what the fuck happened to your eyes," mark gasped.

"contacts," hyuck briefly explained as their mouths dropped open.

"oh, you've hid it from us for so long..."

"ya'll are looking like boo boo the fool right now," jihye laughed. "jaemin does someone owe you money, you look like a kid stole your taco."

jaemin moped about for a bit but he was happy for jihye and donghyuck.