ten

(chittaprrrr)

third person pov

(later, after cake and dinner)

"donghyuck-ah," mark called to his friend. "do you wanna watch a movie?"

the eight friends had by now packed up and cleared the table. it wasn't too late so they wondered if it would be a good idea to watch a movie.

"uh sure, what movie?" donghyuck replied.

"your pick birthday boi," jihye chuckled.

"can we watch frozen?" chenle asked.

"are you seventeen years old today?" jihye turned to chenle.

"uh- no?"

"then no," she smiled.

chenle's laughed and slapped jihye on the shoulder.

"hey, don't hit noona like that," jisung scolded his friend.

"n-noona?" jihye stammered. she looked at the others the same age as her. she burst out laughing.

"just call me jihye for gods sake," jihye wheezed between fits of laughter.

"what's so funny?" jisung asked, confused.

"i don't hear 'noona' that much since i'm the younger sibling and literally have no social life outside of my age group," jihye explained. "it sounds kinda weird to me as well since i lived in the us as well."

"ah, okay n- jihye."

"ya'll can we just watch a variety show or something?" donghyuck disrupted the conversation.

"good idea, what show?" jaemin said coming up from behind the couch which donghyuck was seated, turning on the tv.

"running man!" renjun suggested.

"idol room?" jeno and jaemin said in sync which lead to a series of 'ehuehueueh!'s and 'woah's.

"knowing bros is superior ya'll know what i mean?" jihye said. "just saying."

"nah let's watch exo next door," donghyuck concluded.

"OOOH A DRAMA I LOVE IT!" jihye squealed (she didn't squeal much).

"oh yes! exo sunbaenims!" jisung cheered.

"sunbaenim?" jihye scoffed. "what, are you an aspiring idol or something?"

the room fell silent as awkward mumbles and shuffles filled the room.

"guys?" jihye asked, oblivious to the others' situations. "did i say something wrong?"

"don't make fun of us, but..." mark began to say. "we really want to make music together. me and the other boys."

"oh sorry i didn't mean to-"

"it's alright n- jihye," jisung smiled. "hopefully one day we'll debut and perform for you!"

"that's so cool though guys, you guys are all singers?" jihye became interested.

"not all of us," mark laughed.

"care to enlighten me then?" jihye smiled.

the seven boys and jihye plopped down around the low coffee table on the carpet.

"get ready for a long ass ride," mark chuckled.

"not really, he just likes to say that a lot," donghyuck whispered to her. she chuckled and nodded.

"i'm the 'leader', i guess," mark began. "it was me who kinda brought these kids together and made us a 'group'. i sing and dance, but rapping is my specialty."