seven

third person pov

donghyuck couldn't sleep the night before his seventeenth birthday. it was nearing midnight as he turned over in his bed. it wouldn't matter how late he stayed up for, waiting for his birthday to see his new eye colour - your new eye colour would only appear after you wake up on your birthday. donghyuck tossed his blankets about as he rolled over to find a comfortable position.

he wondered whose eye colour he might get.

jihye.

wait no why am i still thinking about her-

donghyuck remained wide awake for several more minutes pondering the possibility of receiving the girl's eye colour.

i guess i'll have to cover it up anyway, she wouldn't find out.

ugh but those fangirls are gonna pester me so bad about why i didn't get my eye colour...

should i just say that i meant to hide it?

or should i just buy new contacts for this purpose?

he continued to think.

wait did i even tell jihye that it was my birthday today?

ugh who cares

wait no i care

fuck.

donghyuck eventually fell asleep after an hour long conversation with himself.

~

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

the alarm on his phone continuously rang mercilessly. donghyuck groaned. he regretted using the loudest ringtone there was. blindly fumbling for his phone, he failed to turn off his alarm. instead, donghyuck buried it under his pillow.

oh wait it's my birthday today.

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TODAY

donghyuck gathered the energy to spring out of bed and raced to his bathroom. he stopped, staring at himself in the mirror, seeing the rare sight of his natural eye colour.

his irises were a soothing golden brown. they were much brighter looking than the dull, dark brown contacts he usually wore. around the pupil, golden rays wove their way to the edges of the iris. it made it look like he had the sun in his eyes, and they glistened with every blink.

but now one was fading to black.

to undergo the process of change, the eye must fade to a neutral colour before it makes its appearance as the eye of your soulmate.

the sight was intriguing as donghyuck studied his now black left eye.

please... please....?

it began to bleed purples and blues.

slowly, the purples lightened and thinned to soft specks and the blue deepened to a navy that was nearly black. donghyuck's mouth dropped open and his eyes widened slowly. his cheeks may or may not have lifted slightly due to the presence of a smile.

he was right.

jung jihye was his soulmate.

but i still have to hide it from her...

and i haven't even confessed yet.

-----

your weekly crap content dealer is back!!!! here's a short chapter because i've been unproductive lately but it's mainly because i've been doing a heck lot of planning for a (possible??) new fic ;))))

on a more serious note, i'm wondering whether i should just give up on strayed away or not because i haven't gotten any inspiration since i began the book and the plot i planned out is kinda dry and uneventful... if ya'll really wanna read it in the future maybe i'll rescue it ahaha...

going back to the topic of the fic i'm planning, don't expect it to be up soon haha. i have a few planned before that one and the order is important :) (hehehehe im trying not to spoil). after strayed away, i'm planning to publish another nct fic :)

out of interest, what do you guys look for in a good fic? e.g. genre, character development, plot depth. (since you've already read this far, you might as well comment your opinion)

sorry if this was boring but it's an important part :)

have a nice day/night!

- gao an