1. Here We Go Again

Kalokairi, 2013
We're taking you back to the Hotel Bella Donna, but this time, not in summer. Eight years had passed since the events of the second movie and the warm weather of the paradisiacal Greek island was resisting the arriving late December cold winds. Sitting at the terrace of the hotel, Sophie was preparing the invitations for the New Year party while softly humming and singing as she usually does.

(Song: Mamma Mia - a cappella)

SOPHIEMamma Mia, here I go again
My, my, how can I resist you?
Mamma Mia, does it show again
My, my, just how much I've missed you?

She gave the invitations to her 8-year-old son Donny who was sitting next to her. He put them in envelopes.

DONNY Yes, I've been brokenhearted
Blue since the day we parted
Why, why did I ever let you go?

SOPHIE & DONNYMamma Mia, now I really know
My, my, I should not have let you go

Once they finished packing all the invitations, the lovely mother and son walked down the stairs entering the hotel lobby were the postman was waiting for them. After giving him the invitations for the party, the man gave to Sophie a parcel he had brought with him for the little family: it was from Ruby. At that moment, Fernando showed up.

DONNY – Look mom! Great-grandma sent us a gift!

SOPHIE (reading Ruby's message) – My dear children, I hope you're all good. I miss you very much. I'm sorry to announce you that I won't be able to make it for the party. A world tour just got planned in order to promote my new autobiography. I sent you a signed copy. Hope you'll enjoy it. Many kisses, Ruby Sheridan.

FERNANDO – So, she won't be coming? Fine... I had been waiting forever and this party was the perfect occasion to make things clear. I need her at my side. I need to tell her that this argument we had makes no sense.

Sophie hugged Fernando.

SOPHIE – I feel you grandpa, Sky is busy with the business school at New York and he won't come either. But don't worry; no argument would be ever able to separate you from each other and destroy your beautiful story. Trust me, grandma loves you so much and she'll be back soon.

While Sophie and Fernando were speaking, Donny took Ruby's autobiography and left the hotel running. The book was called "The Girl with the Golden Hair". Donny wanted to show it to his grandma so he went to the chapel's graveyard, sitting next to Donna's tomb.

DONNY – Hello grandma, how are you today? Look what great-grandma Ruby has just sent us. It looks like a beautiful book. Do you want me to read it for you?

Donny started reading the book, telling to Donna the story of Ruby. Thus, we went into the past...

Don't forget to vote and comment! If you're loving this story, help it get noticed by Judy Craymer, the producer of the Mamma Mia! franchise and maybe this fiction will inspire her to make a third movie! Tag @judycraymer on this Instagram post:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwhu-JsnjXA/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link