5. Head Over Heels

Back in the present, on the main land, Tanya, Rosie and Bill were strolling through the local shops. Rosie and Bill had finally decided to get married and were searching for the perfect wedding dress before going to the island. Tanya came to help them. As the women were running all over the shops, with Rosie trying different kinds of dresses, Bill was following them at his own pace.

(Song: Head over Heels)

TANYA - I have a very good friend
The kind of girl who likes to follow a trend
She has a personal style
Some people like it others tend to go wild
You hear her voice everywhere
Taking the chair
She's a leading lady

TANYA & ROSIE - And with no trace of hesitation she keeps going
Head over heels
Breaking her way
Pushing through unknown jungles every day
She's a girl with a taste for the world
(The world is like a playing ground where she goes rushing)
Head over heels
Setting the pace
Running the gauntlet in a whirl of lace
She's extreme if you know what I mean

Exhausted, Bill sat on a couch in one of the shops, begging Rosie for 5 minutes of pause.

TANYA - Her man is one I admire
He's so courageous but he's constantly tired
Each time that he speaks his mind
She pats his head and says:

ROSIE - That's all very fine
Exert that will of your own
When we're alone
Now we better hurry

Checking her watch, Rosie noticed that they should had left since hours. All of a sudden, they ran out of the shops, heading to the dock where they settled on Bill's boat. Once on board, Bill sailed towards Kalokairi.

TANYA & ROSIE - And with no trace of hesitation she keeps going
Head over heels
Breaking her way
Pushing through unknown jungles every day
She's a girl with a taste for the world
(The world is like a playing ground where she goes rushing)
Head over heels
Setting the pace
Running the gauntlet in a whirl of lace
She's extreme if you know what I mean
(She's just one of those who always has to do whatever she please)
And she goes
Head over heels

Arriving to Kalokairi, Tanya and Rosie got happily off the boat walking on the dock when Rosie noticed that Bill was still on the boat. Turning back, she yelled on him asking him to come; but Bill stayed on the boat, not knowing what to say. Forthwith, Rosie returned to the boat.

ROSIE – What's the matter Bill?

BILL – I'm not coming with you.

ROSIE – But... why?!

BILL – I'm lost Rosie. All my life has been a succession of love affairs. I'm and I've always been a lone wolf. And now, I'm not sure of what I want.

ROSIE – You're not sure if you love me?

BILL – Of course I love you! It's that engagement that scares me. I'm not ready, I need time to think. I'll be back for the party. Excuse me Rosie, kiss everyone for me.

After saying these words, Bill sailed back to the mainland, leaving a shocked Rosie with tears in her eyes. Tanya, who had seen the whole scene, hastened to her friend and hugged her. Suddenly, Sophie arrived from behind and was about to welcome her "aunts" when she noticed the state in which Rosie was.

SOPHIE – Auntie Rosie, what's going on?! And where is Bill?!

Hearing Bill's name, Rosie burst into tears.

TANYA – Come on honey... some cake is waiting for us.

Meantime, at the graveyard, Donny was back at Donna's tomb.

DONNY – Grandma! Guess what... I've just met mom's 2 stepbrothers. They look so kind. Also, one of them has a daughter. Her name is Samantha. I'll tell you a secret, I think she's cute. When I saw her, I felt like there were butterflies in my belly. Is this what we call love? It's a weird sensation... Anyway, I'm here to read to you the rest of great-grandma's book. Where were we? Oh, yes!

And he continued reading Ruby's autobiography, going back in the past.