10. Does He Kiss Like I Used to Kiss You?

Back in the present, Sophie was preparing the party with the help of the hotel staff who were putting the decorations and installing the tables, the stage, as well as the giant clock for the countdown. Suddenly, Joe came out of the blue.

SOPHIE – Joe?

JOE – Hey Soph, how the preparations are going?

SOPHIE – Quite tiresome! I want everything to be perfect for that special night.

JOE – Well, it is, everything looks awesome! Don't worry; it's going to be a great party.

While they were talking, Sophie and Joe entered the hotel and stood in front of Donna's pictures in the entrance hall.

SOPHIE – I hope so.

Looking at her mother pictures, Sophie got a little teary.

SOPHIE – New Year's Eve had always been an important day for me. My mother and I always used to celebrate it alone together. After playing cards all night, we used to open all the windows of the hotel at midnight to let the Kallikantzaroi go, it's a Greek tradition. My mother would have baked her special Vasilopita, the best I have ever tasted. Though we were on our own, I never felt lonely because she was my mother, my father, my brothers, my sisters, she was my whole family. Now she's gone...

JOE – But she still lives in you.

SOPHIE – Do you think she's proud of me?

JOE – Of course, she's watching over you, smiling at what you've accomplished. You'll never be alone anymore Soph. Now you have a whole family, a son, and you have me. I'll always be there for you.

Moved by Joe's words, Sophie hugged him hard. She felt relieved to be able to count on her brother henceforth. However, all of a sudden, Joe rushed on her, kissing her without reason. Confused, Sophie got ashamed and didn't know what to do. Quickly, she unraveled herself from her brother but it was too late. Standing at the front door, Sky had seen the last part of the scene. Casting a deception look at Sophie, he ran away.

SOPHIE – Sky wait! It isn't what you think!

Sophie ran after him, leaving Joe with a proud smile on his face. Suddenly, someone appeared from behind a wall while clapping his hands.

BOBBY – Well done bro! I could almost think you were sincere.

JOE – Thank you Bobby! I've always knew I had acting skills. And it's only the beginning; Sophie still doesn't know what nightmare is waiting for her. Believe me; she's going to pay for everything!  How the plan is going bro?

BOBBY – Perfectly, I've already took a sample of her DNA from her pillow. Soon, the truth will come out.

Nobody could ever suspect that the Carmichael brothers were engineering a whole plan in order to take revenge on Sophie.