Chapter 24- Reaper

Blinding heat surged through me as I slumped against the wall clutching my side trying to catch my breath, it was just a graze I wasnt even losing that much blood but we were overwhelmed and savagely outnumbered. Bullets were flying through the air bodies of both sides were dropping faster than I could count. Bear and Beast can only do so much we were running out of bullets and running out fast, I had made Bear lock Isabella away but I had Bolts promise her we would get her out when we needed her. She always has to feel needed like she can help but I couldn't face seeing her get hurt it would kill me when the boys arrived they had asked where she was, Jackson specifically, guess he wanted to see his girl. Dad told me her leaving again was eating him up felt like she didnt want him in her life, so when he heard we needed back up he jumped at the chance. He would've been a great father to her growing up that's for damn sure.

"Reapers been hit!" Jackson roared to the others "shut the fuck up" I hissed at him but a loud bang up above cut off what he was about to say we both looked at each other. She had heard him. She was coming "we need Wolf! NOW!" Bear screamed at me completely oblivious to what had just happened I opened my mouth to protest when the room went eerily cold and quiet. Beast glanced over his shoulder one of the Sons tucked under his arm in a headlock slowly turning purple he gulped then refocused and snapped the guys neck dropping him to the ground.

I followed his eyes with my own my mouth dropping open she stood there in that damn black suit that makes me hard her eyes glowing with rage and murder shifting on each foot slightly her eyes skimmed the room until they landed on me and narrowed.

Shit. I'm in trouble.

"Listen Wolf it's not his fault he-" a bullet to the back of his leg knocked the wind out of Bear temporarily he fell to the ground "that's it! You boys have had long enough to play. Now it's my turn. I'm finishing this" her jaw was clenched as she stepped further into the room, Bear was back on his feet waving us all out of the way. Beast moved an unconscious Bolts over beside me I nodded my thanks pushing my body up off the floor but he stopped me "she needs to do this with us. You will distract her we aren't breakable like you"

Ever see that movie the Matrix or Kill Bill? That's sorta what happened next, what was left of the Sons eyed up the 3 cold blooded assassins standing before them these guys were shit dumb they smiled thinking they had the upper hand little did they know that they were seconds from death and a painful one "they'll drag this out" Whippet whispered beside me "they're savages" I glanced back at them Bear and Beast had fallen behind Isabella standing on either side of her forming a triangle more Sons filed in through the far door how many of those assholes are there? I pushed myself slowly up off the floor making as little movement as possible so she wouldn't notice. Like hell am I letting her do this without me.

Cocking my gun I fired before the Sons even had a chance to raise theirs Isabella used this distraction to her advantage diving for the men in front her blades cut through the air slicing into them. I paused watching her movements, I should be terrified I should be horrified that she moves with such force that she cuts down everyone in her path without flinching that her face is so cold and emotionless she doesn't look like my Isabella anymore but honestly it just makes me love her more.

She slid across the floor on her knees her blade slicing through ankles and legs on her way coming to a stand slicing her way up through their torso's she cut 2 men's throats simultaneously allowing them to fall to the floor breathing heavily she didnt notice the man standing up behind her pointing his gun I shot him down before he could pull the trigger he landed with a thump. Her eyes met mine and she nodded, Beast was ripping men apart the sounds of their screams filling the room as he tore them open, Bear was dragging their Uncle into the room he tied him down to a chair.

"Hey baby you ok?" I nuzzle Isabella close burying my nose in her hair I inhale deeply "you got shot" she stroked my side "I'm ok kitten promise" my lips graze her temple "you ok darlin?" Jackson edges closer she leaves my side and hugs him "I'm ok"
"You will all fail without me! I created you I made you what you are! You are nothing without me!" I rolled my eyes at the old man tied to the chair his face bloody and bruised. Guess the boys had beaten him first pity I would have liked to have gotten in a punch or two.

"Can I shoot this asshole yet?" I growled fisting my gun "you may call yourself the Reaper but you are weak you fall to your knees for a woman?! Pathetic" he spat at the floor by my feet, I held my gun in front of me but Jackson stepped forward he placed the barrel of his gun to the man's temple "this is for taking my daughter away from me you piece of shit" his head flopped when Jackson pulled the trigger sending blood and brains splattering across the floor.

Isabella nudged closer to me burying her face in my neck wrapping my arms around her I hold her close "it's over baby we can go home now"
"What do we do?" Bear looked at the floor "you come with us" I stated loudly Beast stared at me blankly "but we tried to kill you" he mumbled. Jackson shrugged "well we lost some good boys today and you men look like you know your way around a fight or two so yeah fuck it come with us! We got space for you. You're my daughter's family that makes you family to me. You stepped up when needed and you helped us plus these idiots try to kill each other on the daily" he pointed over his shoulder to us shrugging slightly "that's what brothers do"

"Can we bring Thea too? If she wants to come?" Isabella whispered to me I pecked her temple "yes baby anything for you"
We packed up everything, Thea had found some medication and bandages to wrap up the injured boys until we got home. We loaded up the SUVs and hit the road I sat in the back holding Isabella close to me rubbing her hands with my thumb she snuggled into me her legs thrown over mine "I love you" she whispered her thumb tracing circles over my hand "I love you too baby" I grabbed her chin kissing her deeply "as soon as we get home I'm laying claim to you. Making you my Old Lady, that ok with you Kitten?"

She sat still for a moment thinking, I was starting to sweat gulping down some air I was about to talk up again when she kissed me "I thought you'd never ask" she winked at me before snuggling back down.

I've said it before I'll say it again that woman will be the death of me.