Bear

Benjamin Pacton- Bear

"This is Dr. Maximoff experiment subject number two Mr. Benjamin Pacton Code name: Bear Age taken: six Age of first injection: nine" I lay on the bed watching Uncle talk into the camera "Are you ready Bear?" I nodded eagerly, Uncle picked up a syringe filled with a strange coloured liquid he placed the needle into a vein on my arm I winced slightly but not much I had been waiting for this Uncle said it will be good for me it will make me strong I want to be strong for Uncle.

He emptied the syringe and I cried out, my body felt like it was being ripped open an unbearable heat corsed through my veins. Uncle strapped me down as my body slipped into seizures one by one until it all went dark.

****

"Ah Bear! Welcome to your first official mark!" I'm lead into our usual room for target practice I'm a pretty good shot so it was only a matter of time before I got a live target Uncle waves over to a kneeling figure in the centre of the room a black hood over his head. "You will kill this man Bear between the eyes no hesitation am I clear?" I nod to him silently, a signal from Uncle and one of his assistants removes the hood from the man I take a step back my breath hitching in my throat my hands are shaking. The man blinks rapidly adjusting his vision to the light until he spots me and swallows "Benny? Ben? Are you ok son? What's going on?"

"No hesitation Bear!" Hands still shaking I raise my gun pointing it straight between my fathers eyes he begins to panic "you dont have to do this Ben! I'm sorry we should have looked for you harder Ben! Come home Benny you me and mom like old times! If you want we can go for icecream you like that Benny?" He's shuffling on his knees trying to get closer Uncle is angry I haven't shot yet "Bear! Kill him!" My hands are still shaking I take a breath to steady them without any more hesitation I shoot, my father slumps dead on the ground "well done boy. Well done"

****
"This is Dr. Maximoff todays testing is stamina while Bear shows potential to be a skilled fighter and excellent shot it appears his latest growth spurt has made him more bear like than human. Ok Bear let us begin, I have decided you will do four rounds of circuits without a break of course and then you will run 101km. Think you can handle that?"

I stood across from Uncle waiting for my orders, I had bulked up since I first got to the compound I'm heavier now I'm wider my shoulders are broader my arms and legs heavy with muscle my back and chest are built and sturdy I shot up to 6ft stamina isn't my biggest strong suit but Uncle wants to be fast as well as lethal "alright Bear let us begin" I start with the circuits like Uncle had told me too I lift the weights over my head at inhuman sped I do burpees and push ups I do the pull ups and squats all with no break once I've finished all four rounds Uncle allows me two gulps of ice cold water before sending me onto the treadmill to run my 101km my heart is pounding the sweat is running down my body.

I collapse onto the floor having completed my mission "well done Bear you did wonderfully I may have slight concerns about the pressure your heart is under at present but I believe with consistent training in stamina you will prove to be a fine assassin"