Beast

Matthew Delaney- Beast

I'm lying on a bed, the room is bright white but I dont understand what had happened to me. Last thing I remember I was playing with my little brother in the park before Mom started shouting at me because I accidentally knocked him over, I try to sit up but there's straps holding me down across my chest and both my wrists and feet. I'm straining against the straps trying to sit up when a door across the room opens, a young man walks in but he looks insane "oh good you're awake! I've been waiting for you Matt I think you will be quite the creation. You're a little older than I would have liked to have gotten you but I will just have to work with I've got won't I?"

He turns to face a camera "Experimental patient number one, Code name: Beast" he turns back to face me looking me up and down "yes he does look promising! Beast it is. Identity: Mr Matthew Delaney Age taken: thirteen Age of first injection: also thirteen"
Stepping away from the camera he picks up a large syringe filled with a strange coloured liquid "no please dont. I just want to go home" I'm straining against the straps again trying to break free he leans in close poking the needle into a vein on my arm he looks me dead in the eye "your mother doesnt want you home" he empties the contents into my vein and I scream in agony.

My whole body is on fire like I am being burned and ripped open from the inside out, tears stain my cheeks as I thrash against the restraints slipping in and out of seizures one after the one until it all goes dark.

****

"Ah Beast! Welcome to your first official mark!" I'm led into our usual room for target practice I'm a pretty good shot but not as good as the others Uncle waves over to a kneeling figure in the centre of the room a black hood over his head. "You will kill this man Beast between the eyes no hesitation am I clear?" I nod to him silently, a signal from Uncle and one of his assistants removes the hood from the man I take a step back my breath hitching in my throat my hands are shaking. The man blinks rapidly adjusting his vision to the light until he spots me and swallows "Mattie? Mattie? Are you ok son? What's going on?"

"No hesitation Beast!" Hands still shaking I raise my gun pointing it straight between my fathers eyes he begins to panic "you dont have to do this Mattie! I'm sorry buddy I know I wasnt around much but I've missed you son! Come home Mattie you and me we can start our own life! If you want Matt I'll get Tom too?" He's shuffling in his knees trying to get closer Uncle is angry I haven't shot yet "Beast! Kill him!" My hands are still shaking I take a breath to steady them "Turn your humanity off Beast!" Uncle is screaming at me now "TURN IT OFF"

Without any more hesitation I shoot, my father slumps dead on the ground "well done boy. Well done"

****

Uncle taps into the camera "this is Dr. Maximoff testing Beast. Today's test healing and reflexes. Ok let's begin"
I stand in the centre of the room facing Bear another boy like me he has a whip in his hand. We circle each other for a moment before a crack fills the air and I fall to the floor a stinging on my back I feel the blood trickle from the wound it inflicted before I'm up off the ground Bear cracks the whip, I fall again panting heavily "whenever you feel like using your instincts Beast no pressure" I can hear the sarcasm on Uncle's voice.

I hear the crack again, catching it between my hands before the tip meets its target I snap Bear toward me slamming my elbow into his face breaking his nose "good shot" he mumbles through a mouthful of blood, I smirk at him circling again I lunge snapping one fist to his ribs I swing with the other towards his head but he ducks it and jabs me in the kidneys. I swing and kick out at him knocking him back until I pin him to the ground rage fuels my muscles and my fists meet their target "excellent work today Beast that will be enough" I help Bear up off of the ground "do you need help to the infirmary?"
"No he does not. Thank you Bear you may go"

****

"This is Dr. Maximoff testing Beast today's test Torture methods. Beast is displaying animalistic patterns by far more competent than his siblings in his methods while his torture is nothing short of gruesome I am pleased with his work thus far"

I'm standing in a room facing a half naked man in a chair his hands and feet are tied to the arms and legs of the chair. Uncle nods at me, I circle the man waiting for instruction "so your file says you hold up well under torture? Let's see how you fair against my Beast" I drag my knife along the man's chest making him wince in pain but yet he says nothing "where can I find the scientific element I need to make my people invincible?" Uncle leans into the man's face he spits at Uncle I punch the man whipping his head to the side the chair tips over with the weight of my punch I stand it back upright running my knife along the man's chest again.

"I'm afraid that wasn't the answer I was looking for let's try again shall we? Where can I find the scientific element I need to make my people invincible?" The man stays silent his body shaking from his wounds. Uncle nods to me I stand in front of the man placing my knife at his belly button I slice deeply up towards his throat he screams out in pain but I just laugh. I feel nothing.

"How about now?" Uncle stands behind me the man still says nothing I take my knife and cut up each arm starting at his wrist to his elbow the cuts are deep. The man is losing blood fast his face is white "I'm bored now Beast pull him apart"
"No! Wait wait please" Uncle turns around "it's in element 6 a science building off of USC it's a college up town it specialises specifically in genetic mutation but the element is not meant to be used on humans" he breathes deeply "thank you so much for your co operation. However my people are in the habit of not leaving survivors, happy travels. Beast"

Uncle turns on his heel to walk out, I approach the man who is begging me to save his life to spare him, he co operated he gave us what we wanted "have mercy please! I gave you what you wanted" his breathing is heavy now struggling I laugh madly "I am not human. I feel nothing" I place my hands on the man's open wounds on his chest and tear him open. His screams fade away along with his life.