Shelter

"Let me go!" Mark insisted, after hearing everything Zed had to say. "You've got someone...tailing him. Let me go and you'll have your...evidence straightaway... I'm not a virgin... I'm on birth control... I'd rather he fuck with me and we...end this than let him fuck with anymore of you..." This was a remarkably different reaction than Zed expected.

"You don't understand. We've interfered with his pattern. He could do something different...something more violent," Zed protested.

"All the more reason. We can't...," Mark was still panting like the suppressant had done nothing. "Fuck this reaction. What the..."

They heard the apartment door open and close. Time felt like it stood still as they sat in the bathroom waiting for something more to happen. But it didn't. Twenty minutes later the apartment door opened and closed again. Footsteps crossed the room and a light knock sounded on the bathroom door. "Mr. Mason, are you still in there? It's Alice from Mr. Xi's office. He sent me to look after you and your guest. I have a car waiting downstairs. The professor is gone."

Zed remembered his phone and sent a quick text to Quinn to confirm Alice's identity before opening the bathroom door. When they were safely in the car on the way to an Omega shelter, he sent a longer text to Quinn detailing Mark's unexpected response. Quinn's response was one word, "NO."

Omega shelters were just old hotels renovated for extra security and staffed exclusively by other Omegas and Betas. They were places independent Omegas could go through their heat without worrying about an Alpha breaking their door down, or their own sex drive causing them to do something stupid. Once they checked in, they couldn't leave until their heat was over. They didn't need to leave. Meals were included. Visitors were not allowed.

Mark was not particularly happy about spending his heat in an Omega shelter, but this time it was hitting him like a ton of bricks and he had a crazy professor planning to gang bang his ass, so he conceded.

Moreover, Zed promised to pick him up when it was all over and take him out to lunch. He needed more friends and hoped Mark would be one of them. It was sweet. His pregnant classmate was still trying. And still so innocent in spite of what he'd been through. Mark knew how hard it was for an Omega to keep their innocence.

His hadn't lasted through his first heat. The only Omega son in a family of Alphas, the baby, and with his parents mostly absent working long hours, he'd been seduced and violated by his three older brothers. This happened countless times. In the insanity of his heat he didn't hate it. They were never cruel or violent, and they seemed to be trying to make up for it in the way they treated him the rest of the time. They helped him study and made sure he got into college. He didn't have to worry about money. They never tried to mark him. His parents had the sense to give him a collar for protection. And when they found their own Mates, they left him be. But they did occasionally let their friends have him, and he suspected there was some kind of exchange involved. He took suppressants but he also hooked up with some of those old friends when he was in heat. He disliked taking care of himself that way. He was too used to be taken care of by someone else.

There was probably no one better to serve as bait for the professor. He felt emotionally disconnected from the sex he had in heat, so he actually wouldn't care that much if he were caught. It was the disappearing after that concerned him. None of those other Omegas had been found yet. Zed gave him the panic button, just in case, but he was in no danger while checked into the shelter.

He also had no relief. So he jacked off on his own, wondering why his heat was so bad this time and seeing that lawyer's face, Quinn, behind his eyelids every time he came. Damn that was one hot Alpha. He dripped buckets just thinking about him. This was not normal.