Chapter 1

_______________________

"First." Miss_Gangstalicious said with a devious smirk. "Y'all, @Chers_Brat, @ShortyyMvcc_, can't beat this. Hope Y'all Enjoy The Rest Of This Chapter." She said sitting back in her chair, sipping her True G Tea. ☕️

_______________________

Compton's Promiscuous: Chapter 1

*Pause*

"Since my Mom ain't here, I'm just gonna tell the story, how I was told my very young childhood was like, aight?" I said holding Sweets hand. She's my wifey for wifey crush wednesday, we have to be holding hands while I tell this story.

*Continuing*

~Laranda P.O.V.~

Being 18 and pregnant was never something I wanted. I had big dreams and goals but now they had to be put off because I decided to get drunk at a graduation party. What made my situation worse was the fact my own parents kicked me out, so I had to room with a friend of mine. Thank God for my friend, otherwise I would have been on the streets.

My child's father, I decided to keep him out of the picture. He was no good and we both knew it. He begged to be apart of my child's life but I kicked him to the curb. He was an alcoholic and I didn't even want to put up with his bullshit. I was far better off on my own anyways.

Right now I was taking a night walk. In my area of Compton, it was more safe than the surrounding areas. Don't get me wrong, it still had it's danger but things weren't as likely to happen.

I chose to walk in the fields, where people usually weren't, just to escape from everyone and everything. There were a few trails and I followed one all the way to an area with tall grass. Smiling at the the sea of grass, I took a seat and laid back against a soft mound of dirt.

The dark sky was illuminated by a aurora of stars that fell back over the hills. The cool February air stung my lungs as I breathed but it felt so good.

"Happy Valentines Day." I said rubbing my belly. I was due any day next week and I couldn't have been anymore happy about that. Despite my regrets about being a young Mom, I was anxious for my child to be in my arms.

I had no idea what the gender was because I wanted that to be the ultimate surprise. I felt my child start to stir around and I laughed because of the ticklish feeling it gave me.

I stayed out here for a while, a little over an hour to be exact. I knew my friend, Calvin, would be nervous because I was out for so long so I should probably get heading back home.

"Mommy doesn't want to leave. It's so nice out here but Calvin could be worried about us." I said rolling onto my knees and slowly standing up.

I got about half way across the field but stopped when I saw a man on the pathway, staring back at me. I have terrible eyesight from a far but it was a man figure.

"Laranda? Why are you still out here?" Calvin's voice rang in my ears. He came jogging up to me. "It's February, you need to be warm. Laranda-"

"I'm fine. I'm still really warm. I was just now coming home." He grabbed my hand, offering me support as we continued to walk.

"Please put on my sweatshirt at least? It'll make me feel better." I rolled my eyes but nodded. He dropped my hand and started to peel off his sweatshirt.

I had such a sharp pain rip through my back and stomach, I collapsed onto the ground and just held my stomach, breathing hard.

"Laranda! Oh my God-"

"Don't touch me, please don't." I said in agony. "Do you have you phone?" He shook his head. "Oh shit." I said grabbing a handful of grass and holding it tight.

"Laranda don't tell me you're-"

"Yes I am, Calvin. My water just broke." Why wasn't I having contractions earlier? Is that even possible? Oh God, why now.

"What do you want me to do?" He asked, panicked. "I can't leave you to get help or anything-"

"You're going to have to help me deliver-"

"Laranda, I know nothing-"

"Calvin please!" I screamed as another sharp pain went ripping through me.

***

"I'm never getting pregnant again. For as long as I live." I said laying in the grass, as he stood, holding my daughter, wrapped in his sweatshirt.

"If you do, you're never walking out here again. Laranda, you knew-"

"Shh. You're gonna upset Mariah." I said holding my arms out. I wanted to hold her. He rolled his eyes but set her in my arms. "You're so pretty." I cooed, looking down at her.

"Are you sure you're warm enough-"

"Calvin, I'm fine as far as warmth goes. I'm more worried about Mariah anyways." She seemed like she was fine, she was already asleep and I pulled the hood up over her face.

"What are we going to do? We need to get you two to a hospital- I'll just carry you to the main road and use the pay phone to call ambulance."

"I'm fine though-" He already scooped me up and was walking walking. "You sure you can carry me the whole way?" I can't walk. I'm too sore and I don't think he can carry me all the way over there.

"Laranda, I bench more than your weigh." Show off.

To my surprise he actually carried me all the way to the pay phone. The ambulance came and now I was in a hospital bed being monitored while nurses were off with Mariah.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, hanging onto the railing of my bed.

"I'm perfectly fine. Thank you so much Calvin." I reached over and pulled him down for a hug. "If it wasn't for you, I don't know what I would have done." I said into the crook of his neck.

"You're welcome. I'm just glad you and Mariah are okay." I actually started to cry. "Nah don't cry now. You was just strong a couple hours ago."

"I'm just so thankful."

"You already knew I was willing to help you out with anything you needed." I let him go and just smiled at him. "I'm even gonna stay the rest of the night with you." He walked over to the chair and kicked his feet up.

"You're the best."

"That's nothing new. Get some sleep though." I nodded my head and laid down on my side, facing him, till I drifted off to sleep.

*Pause*

"You were born in a field? Oh my fucking God. I'm already done and it's only the beginning." Varo said with a wild laugh from his side of the couch.

"I didn't decide when I wanted to be born. I just about shit bricks when I was told I was born in a field of tall ass grass on Valentines Day."

"I love this already. I'm not even gonna interrupt no more, just please continue Tilly Beans." Varo better not interrupt. This is a good ass story about my life.

Things only got worse for me as I grew up. I look back at it now and laugh but at that time, it wasn't so funny.

*Continuing*