Chapter 2

Waking up from my nap, I had 2 hours left until my arrival to Japan. Deciding to just watch a movie to quickly pass time.

Two hours passed by swiftly, as I found myself leaving the plane. Ordering an uber, I checked  into a nearby hotel and paid with cash. Unpacking my bags, I slipped on a sports bra and leggings and head to the gym, showered and fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning to several missed calls from my parents, Violetta, and Gabriella.

Getting dressed, I ran out the door not caring about my appearance. Walking around, I found a corner shop and exited with a burner phone. Deciding to dial Gabriella, to which she instantly answers.

"Hello?" Says Gabriella anxiously.

"Hey Gabby, its Val." I replied faintly.

"Where are you?" she questions.

"That doesn't matter, I just want you to know that I'm unharmed and safe, just don't tell my parents that I called okay?" Hanging up before she could reply, I quickly crushed and tossed the burner phone into a trash bin.

  I turned and walked away, halting my step when I hear a high pitch sound of wheels. I whirl to see a black SUV driving full speed toward me and striking me before I could process or move. The SUV hastily drove away, leaving me stranded alone and conscious on the side of a deserted road.

  After what felt like hours, I hazingly saw a purple Porsche pull up, as a tall Asian, dark-haired girl steps out of her car.

                           ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jisoo POV:

On my way home from work, I turn to notice a girl lying on the side of the road. Furrowing my eyebrows, I pulled into the side of the road and strided to where the girl was sprawled.

"Oh my God, are you ok?!" I say worriedly.

"No, I normally lay here in the middle of a deserted road for fun" she manages to say clearly in pain.

"You need to go to the hospital!" I say ignoring her sarcastic comment.

"No, I cant I'll be fine." she says through gritted teeth.

Kneeling beside her, I examined her body to see that both arms and left leg were noticeably fractured.

"Would you like me to take you to my grandmother? She's a nurse." I asked.

After a few seconds of silence, she nods attentively, glancing at me and giving a cautious look.

____________________________________________

   Valencia POV:     

I couldn't go to the hospital, if I had that would've blown my cover. Unsure about leaving with a girl I've never met, yet somehow she looked trustworthy. Helping me up, as I painfully moved my limbs and entered the car.

"My name's Jisoo by the way." She says giving me a side glance.

"Valencia" I croaked.

"Why don't you want to go the the hospital?" She questions.

I kept quiet and stared at the passing cars for a while. Replying faintly "I can't let them know where I am."

"Who?" Jisoo asks in a shocked tone.

"Dangerous people" I reply. Not wanting to answer anymore questions.

She nods with a puzzled look on her face, but doesn't ask anymore questions when noticing my bothered face. Still looking deep in thought for the next few minutes.

"Have you ever thought of faking your own death?" She asked.

"No, I assumed moving here was enough to throw them off but that's a great idea." I said eagerly.

"I'll help you ensure that they won't find you." she said with a smirk.

Pulling into a long driveway which led to an average size house surrounded by lush greenery. She halts the car and looks over at me.

"You should be safe to heal here for a while." Jisoo says.

"Sounds good" I reply while she helps me out of her car.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jisoo POV:

   Not knowing who is after her and what they want, provoked me except I didn't want to be intrusive and pry it out of her. Deciding to leave it alone and wait until she's ready to talk. I guided her into a room my grandmother uses for treatment, and called for my grandmother. To which she rushes in, hugging me then glimpses at Valencia and gasps.

She frantically starts searching for pain meds and wrapping bands for her broken limbs. Valencia winces from the pain, as she's placed onto a bed. My grandmother then starts to question on what happened and Valencia would reply with a sweet smile. After a while, she finishes and leaves the room with a small smile telling Valencia to get some rest.

"My grandmother doesn't speak much english, hence the light conversation" I say with a small smile.

  Valencia nods still deep in thought, as her eyes roam across the room.

"So, how can I fake my death?" She asks looking down.

"Well, the first step is to get rid of your phone, since it could be easily tracked. Then, I could call your parents from a burner phone announcing your death and your wishes for it to be private." I said as she straightens her back and eagerly listens for more.

"We would then have to replace your original name with new name so you'd be untrackable. If you don't want to change it, you don't have to." I stated.

"No it's just.... my parents wouldn't care, but my younger sister Violetta would be sad, we were really close." She says breaking eye contact.

"If you need to think about-" I say before Valencia cuts in.

"No, let's do it" she says with a determined face.

I smile and nod.

"Wait. How do you know so much about this?" She asks.

I pause then reply "I'm a personal investigator, so I know what happens and how it works." I say.

"Okay. We'll start first thing tomorrow morning." Valencia replies with a reassuring look.