Chapter 21

Zayd POV

Slamming the door, I grab my car keys and enter my ferrari. I feel a bit guilty for leaving Valencia, but still am pissed at her for not telling me. Blasting rap music, I drove past the speed limit as cars blurred by me.

Driving through a dark road, I decide to text Val and pull out my phone. Dropping it, I sigh reaching down to grab it. Lifting my head, a deer stands in the middle of the road. To which, I quickly swerve, crashing into a tree. I feel blood running down my face as I black out.

—————————————————————————————————————————————

Valencia POV

Tears pierce my eyes, as my phone drops to the ground.

"Hello?" The woman's voice rings through my buzzing ears.

Too in shock to comprehend what's happening. I quickly run to the bathroom washing my face, yet tears stain my face. Gripping onto the sink, I try to get myself together.

"Get a grip, Valencia." I whisper to myself.

Running back to my room, I grab my phone and keys. Exiting, I bump into someone, I look up seeing Jaxxon as he steadies me.

"Hey, what's wrong? Did Zayd text you?"

"Zayd is in the hospital." I choke out, rushing past him.

He grabs my wrist, I turn to see his eyes wide with shock.

"I'm coming with you." He manages to say.

I nod, not caring enough about anyone else at the moment. Entering the car with Jaxxon, I drive to White Whidden Hospital.

Arriving, I rush in with Jaxxon behind me.

"Zayd Ferrari." I quickly say to the receptionist lady.

She nods, filing her nails while talking on the phone with someone.

"Hello?"

"Sweetie, give me a second. Clearly you can see me doing something."

"Listen sweetie, you can clearly see me pissed as hell. So I suggest it'd be a better idea if you don't let me wait for one more second."

Her eyes wide, she drops the phone and searches up his name.

"Room 24, third floor." She says, fear evident in her eyes.

Running to the elevator, I press on the third floor button and wait impatiently.

Jaxxon still seemed too in shock to say something. As he stares at the wall with a blank face.

"Hey, he'll be okay." I say softly, as he turns his head over to me.

Gritting his teeth, "He better be, I don't know what I'd do if something happene-"

Closing my eyes, "Don't say that." I cut in sharply.

The elevator doors open, as the tension becomes silent.

Walking to room 24, I freeze holding the door knob. Not prepared enough for what I was about to see. Jaxxon puts his hand over mines and opens the door.

Looking straight ahead, was an unconscious Zayd. Hooked with iv wires, cast on his left arm, and stitches under his right eye and his head was bandaged.

I put a hand over my mouth, walking over to him I sit on a chair right next to his hospital bed. Jaxxon pulls another chair beside me giving me a concerned look.

I hold his hands, laying my head on his chest. A couple of hours pass by, as we just remain in that position with the doctor coming in to check every now and then. Looking over, Jaxxon is still asleep as I stay awake. After a while, Zayd starts to shift, lifting my head quickly. His eyes flutter open as we connect eyes.

"Zayd" I whisper.

A few moments pass as we stare at each other. Until realization strikes him, his eyes widening as he looks around the room. Before setting his eyes on his cast, looking back at me.

"Listen, I'm sorry." I say, as he turns his head away ignoring me.

Looking down at the iv wires attached to him, he starts pulling them out. Which wakes Jaxxon up from the commotion.
"Have you gone insane, Zayd?" He calls out, stopping him from pulling anymore.

Zayd looks up at him and mouths a few words I can't make out.

Jaxxon quickly coughs, nodding his head and looks over at me.

"I'll give you some time alone." He says before walking out.

I look over at Zayd who simply lays there with a blank stare, clearly thinking of how to start our conversation. I didn't want to apologize once more because he had also caused an unnecessary scene.

"You were a mistake." Zayd says with unreadable eyes.

Zayd POV

"You were a mistake." I say to Valencia.

Watching closely as hurt flashes through her eyes. This was so difficult to do but I needed her to be kept safe.

*RECAP*

I lay in my hospital bed as I regain conscious and stare ahead. To view a scarred face of a man with a deformed facial structure.

"Shit, I'm having those dreams again" I whisper to myself.

The man makes his way over to me.

"You sure you don't remember who I am? This isn't a dream, prettyboy." He asks with a grin baring his teeth.

Looking at him with a shocked look, remembering the words pretty boy. James Patterson's last words before I had killed him. Well, at least I thought I had.

"James?" I say in a harsh tone.

He grabs me by the collar of my shirt.

"Look at my face! You did this to me." He yells.

I chuckle, "And you deserved it." I say.

He lets go of my collar and straightens his shirt.

"I will give you an offer." He says with a smile.

Yeah, it's official. The man is delusional. I think while shaking my head.

"Pass." I reply harshly.

"I don't think that'll be your answer once you hear what it is, pretty boy."

I stare at him with a blank look.

"I want Valencia back." He says in a serious tone.

Still staring at him with a blank look, not taking him serious at all.

"The answer is still no, Freddy Kooger." I reply.

"Then I'll have no choice but to kill her and Jaxxon. She's either mine or they'll both be in a casket by tonight." He says seriously. I try to keep my face neutral, devoid of any emotion before he can notice.

He continues, "You might've been able to push me around back then, but I now hold just as much power as you do. Who knows, maybe more. Since I'm now the British mafia leader." He says.

"I have more soldiers and weapons. You can't escape me Zayd."

Looking down, he's made it clear that I wouldn't be able to escape him. Threatening the two people I care about on the line. I have to keep them safe, was the only thought that ran on my mind.

"Break up with her today. While I'll be the shoulder she cries on." He laughs, leaving the room.

I stay awake, thinking how I got myself in this mess. My thoughts were a permanent mark on my mind, as my eyes begin to grow heavy. The overwhelming effects from the meds took over yet all I could think about was Valencia. My eyes shutter close as I slowly faded into the darkness.

*END OF RECAP*