Chapter 18

Zayd POV

Giving Valencia a stern look, we both walk over to Gabriella opening the door. Jaxxon and Jisoo arrive with Victoria behind, rolling my eyes at her. Jisoo squeals running over to Valencia,

"Girl, where have you been? It's been so long." She exaggerates.

Valencia laughs,"It's only been a day Jisoo, I texted you last night. Are you still drunk?"

"A little, you know how long it takes for me to get sober."

"She drank a lot to be honest." Victoria says, chuckling.

Jisoo rolls her eyes, and Jaxxon speaks up.

"So what'd you want?"

"Valencia had a hit and run a couple of months back. I'm trying to rejog her memory." I explain.

Jaxxon and Victoria widens their eyes.

"Damn, well you'll be having trouble with Jisoo then-" Jaxxon begins.

"Trouble? What happened?" Valencia asks.

Jaxxon scratches the back of his head, "She may have had a couple of drinks an hour ago."

"What? How? Weren't you all home?"

"She raided my liquor cabinet, I found her on the floor with several empty bottles."

Valencia widens her eyes, looking toward Jisoo steadying her.

"I'm honestly just surprised that she hasn't gone to the hospital to get her stomach pumped." Gabriella chimes in.

I sigh, "Well, she's useless for now. I-" Turning my head toward Valencia when I see her shooting a glare at me.

"We'll put her to sleep first. Then when she's sober enough to speak, we'll ask her. Got it." Valencia says in a serious tone.

Gabriella and Victoria walk over to Jisoo and hold both of her arms carrying her to a room as Valencia leads them.

I walk to my office, as Jaxxon follows behind. Sitting on my chair, Jaxxon takes a seat watching me cautiously.

Running a hand through my hair, I huff "This is stressing me out, the sooner Jisoo gets sober. The sooner we'll have a lead or some clue."

"We'll figure it out, but what is questioning me is why are you stressed out?"

Giving him a blank look, "Seriously? Why does that shock you?"

Now it's Jaxxon turn to give me a blank look, "You have trust issues with women, ever since your mother. You've never been in a relationship either. Are you seriously going to ask me why that's shocking?" He deadpans.

Ignoring him, I grab my phone answering whoever was calling. His words still linger on the back of my mind, on having trust issues with women. I think, " Why do I care so much about this girl?"

————————————————————————----------------------------------------------------

Valencia POV

Laying Jisoo on the bed, she immediately starts snoring loudly.

"She really needs to get that checked out." Victoria says as we laugh.

"So what's up with you and Jaxxon?" I ask wiggling my brows as Victoria rolls her eyes.

" Nothing, we're taking small steps. He's dealt with his fair share of desperate girls." Victoria says.

I nod, sitting down by Jisoo, as Victoria does the same.

"What about you and Zayd? Must be getting serious between you two." Victoria asks with a smirk.

"I don't think Zayd is interested in me. Our relationship is just weird, it feels like we're just best friends" I say.

"Jaxxon mentioned that actually. He says Zayd is like that he doesn't show his feelings easily and it takes time for him to fully be comfortable with the woman he's with." She says rubbing my shoulder.

I nod, listening "He must have a rough past with women and relationships then."

"Oh, You have no idea." Victoria says.

"That explains why-" I begin but get cut off.

A pillow is thrown at me, as Jisoo shouts.

"Can't you see I'm trying to sleep here. If you want to have a conversation the door is right there." She says clearly not sober yet.

Victoria and I burst out laughing, "Sorry, Jisoo. We'll check up on you later."

Jisoo doesn't respond as she just burrows her face deeper into the pillow.

Victoria and I take that as a sign to leave the bedroom.

We walk down the stairs, to see Gabriella and Zayd sitting alone on a couch.

"Where's Jaxxon?" I ask.

"He went out to take a call." Zayd answers, clearly angry. Victoria goes out to find Jaxxon. I'll have to talk to him later about why he's suddenly angry.

I sit by Zayd, he pulls me closer and kisses me on the cheek. Looking at him in surprise, this is so weird he's never done this. We sit by each other talking, an hour passes by swiftly as we hear heavy footsteps marching down the stairs.

"I'm sober!" Jisoo shouts, asking for an advil.

She sits by us and Zayd quickly bombards her with questions.

"Do you remember the car? License plate number?"

"Calm down. Let me think." Jisoo says with a serious face.

"When I helped Valencia into the car, she mumbled about a big, black SUV that was probably rented. That's all I remember."

"That's enough information for me." Zayd says.

Grabbing his laptop, he searches through his software putting the date and car type that was rented at Tokyo, Japan.

"There's one similar car that was rented an hour before Valencia was hit. Let me pull up the ID." He freezes in shock as his jaw drops.

"What?" We ask in unison, Jaxxon and Victoria enter right after.

Turning the laptop, to our view so we could see who it it. Everyone gasps in surprise, as they look at the face of the person who attempted to kill me. I stay frozen, staring at the screen ahead of me. Gaping at the screen. 

There it was, a photo of my Mother.