Chapter 14

Valencia POV

My face lightens up as I run to hug her, but get pushed away. She gives me a disgusted look.

"Do you think that you can just come from nowhere and act like nothing happened? Not a single text or phone call since your disappearance."

I stammer, my feet going a couple of steps back as I just stare at her.

"You don't know the full story, don't jump to conclusions." I spit out.

"Oh, so now I don"t know the full story. Then please enlighten me what exactly made you fake your death?"

She replies, raising an eyebrow.

I feel everyone's stares at my back, as I turn my head to see them with questioning looks.

"I was about to be in a arranged marriage without my knowledge or consent. That's why I ran away." I said.

"Oh am I supposed to show pity Valencia? You are selfish and you only care about yourself. Leaving Violetta and your mother mourning in bed two months after your supposed death."

Gabriella shouts. Bringing me to the verge of tears as I fight them back.

"I don't expect you to show pity. You've clearly showed your true colors right now, Gabriella." I say calmly, blinking my tears away.

"I guess I can say the same." She says as she leaves the room.

"Way to show a dramatic exit." Jisoo shouts after her.

I stare at Gabriella's back as she storms out. I get how she felt about my disappearance. We've been friends for over a decade, yet I couldn't call or text her. I was such an idiot.

Staring back at everyone, I said "I'm going up to my room."

They all nod as I slowly walk up the stairs. Keeping my head down, I didn't make eye contact with either of them.

I walk in my room, looking around as I thought. Wow they didn't change anything, throwing myself on my bed. I stare at the ceiling, as thoughts consume my head.

I hear a quiet knock at the door.

"Come in." I say annoyed, putting a pillow over my face to hide my puffy eyes.

"Heyyyy." Zayd says awkwardly. "Nice room." He says as he looks around.

"Yeah, thanks." I deadpanned.

"Can I sit?" Zayd says as he gestures towards my bed.

I nod my head as my head is still buried into the pillow. It turns into an awkward silence as he sighs.

"You can't just sit here all day, have fun!" he says as he shakes me.

"Yes, I can clearly. You try losing Jaxxon, then let's see how you'd react." I shout out removing the pillow from my face.

He looks shocked as he nods and looks down piercing his lips together, and slowly stands up and leaving the room.

"Wait Zayd. I'm so-" I start to say but get cut off by him slamming the door. He opens the door again, then softly closes it.

I smile, I looking down then back up at the ceiling. I hear another knock at the door and look up as Victoria and Jisoo appear.

"Hey. How are you holding up?" they both say with a smile.

"I feel like crap, I really just need ice cream and chocolate and I'll be fine." I say with a sigh.

They exchange looks as they shrug. "Ok, don't get mad. But we want you to go to the club with us. It'll be fun!" Jisoo says with an unsure tone.

"I don't know. It just doesn't feel right." I start to say.

"We'll give you a makeover and do your hair, you can even borrow some of my clothes?" Victoria says convincingly.

"Fine." I say rolling my eyes. "Please fix this puffy eye mess, though." I say with a smirk as Jisoo throws a pillow at me.

We all go into Victoria's room, since she has all the makeup and clothes. I wear a tight, short, red velvet dress with black pumps. Jisoo wears a long black dress with gold heels and Victoria wears a silver, sequin dress with black heels.

We wear natural, light makeup as we walk down the stairs. Zayd looks up scanning me over, then quickly looks back down.

Jaxxon's jaw drops as he sees Victoria. Walking up to her, he puts his hand around her waist. As Jisoo looks around awkwardly.

"We'll find you a special someone. New life starts now." I whisper. She smiles at me and looks down.

Hugging my parents, I walk to the door along with Victoria and Jisoo. Stepping into my black sports car and drive off. Leaving the boys to drive their own car.

Arriving at the club, I look around before stepping out. A car rushes into the parking spot by me. A tall, buff looking man walks out scanning my body, as I glare and turn my head.

"Well sorry, I couldn't help but look at the beautiful girl standing in front of me." He says.

"My eyes are up here, buddy." I say as Jisoo and Victoria watch sitting in the car.

"Let me make it up to you. Drink?" He offers with a creepy smirk who he somehow must think is attractive.

"No need to make up anything. My girlfriend will have the drink bought by me." Zayd says as he walks up.

The man seems intimidated by Zayd who was clearly bigger than him. He holds up his hands in defense and scurries away.

"A man who scurries away is never the one." Jisoo says stepping out the car laughing, as we all join her.

Entering the club, we are shown into the vip section. I sit on the couch as Zayd sits by me looking straight ahead.

"Sorry about... that incident." He says awkwardly.

"It's fine, I overreacted anyway. I should be the one apologizing."

"No, I'm talking about slamming the door, I'm not apologizing over what I said." He chuckles as I swat his arm.

"So.. I'm suddenly your girlfriend now?" I ask with a nudge.

He looks away as his face slightly reddens.

"Well.. Would you?" He asks.

My mouth hangs open and I regain myself.

"Yes. She says yes!" Jisoo says for me.

I laugh "What she said."

He smiles and hoots as we all laugh.

"Do you want a drink?" He asks.

"No. I don't drink. I'll just have a water." I say with a smile.

He nods and orders for two glasses of water.