Chapter 19

Zayd POV

Valencia runs up the stairs with tears in her eyes, I quickly get up to follow her. But get stopped as a hand grabs my wrist, looking down to see that it was Jisoo.

"Give her some time." She says, shock still evident in her eyes.

Ignoring her, I pull my hand away and run after Valencia. Entering my bedroom, to see Valencia with her head in a pillow sobbing quietly. I take a seat beside her and hold her tightly. As she leans her head against my chest trying to stop more tears from running down her cheeks.

"Why were you angry earlier?" She asks with hiccups.

"Not right now. You're still trying to comprehend what's happening." I say looking around the room.

"No, it's better to tell now. Rather than being in a good mood." She says looking up at me.

"Gabriella tried to kiss me-" I say quietly, connecting eyes with her.

Valencia face turn into an angry look as she quickly gets out of bed. She slams the bedroom door and stomps down the stairs. I quickly follow, to see her marching toward Gabriella, raising an arm slapping her.

Gabriella face snaps to the side, she quickly recovers back with a smirk on her face.

"You really think I forgave you? Newsflash Valencia, I never did." She says with a scoff.

Valencia points to the front door, grabbing Gabriella's purse and throws it at her.

Gabriella walks out the door with a devilish smirk on her face.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valencia POV

"What'd she do?" Everyone asks.

"Tried to kiss Zayd." I say with a blank voice.

Jaxxon bursts out laughing, as I glare at him.

"I'm sorry. Zayd has never been loyal to a woman that he's ever been with. Ever" He emphasizes "Ever" with a grin.

"Zayd is in love." Jaxxon says, as Zayd flicks him off.

I smile, but it immediately vanishes when I remember the situation with my mother. Quickly replaced with an angry scowl, Victoria notices and rushes over to me.

She whispers "I don't think mom actually did it. Never in a lifetime."

"You clearly saw her picture, that's her. Unless if someone's trying to set her up." I tense wondering who would set her up.

"Someone could be setting her up, I don't believe that she would actually do that to someone. Especially you." She emphasizes, making me furrow my brows and turn my head to her.

"What do you mean "Me"?

"I mean that she spent months coping and locking herself in her bedroom. After your death, she was depressed. It didn't even seem fake whatsoever. Which makes no sense, if she was planning to kill you."

"That's true, everything makes no sense. Plus, the steps were sloppy. Who would actually give them their ID, they could've gave a fake one. Or pay someone else to do the job." Jisoo adds.

Jaxxon and Zayd turn toward her with puzzled looks on their faces.

"What? I'm an private investigator. I know the steps." She says flipping them off.

Turning her attention back to me, "This doesn't feel right, someone must've set her up."

Before I could say anything, Victoria says "Someone must've, but how are we going to find out who did?"

"Check into her files, her past history such as friends, enemies, or any bad blood with certain mafia families." Zayd says, leaning against the wall.

"Her family history too, have you ever met any of your aunts, uncles or cousins from her side of the family?" Jaxxon asks.

"Now that you think about it, we've never met anyone from her side of the family. She's always kept quiet about it, and never mentioned anything." Victoria says with an odd look.

"Not a single person? What about her parents or siblings?" Jaxxon asks, his eyes trained on Victoria.

"No, she's never told us anything about her siblings or parents."

"You think she told dad? She could've been an orphan." Victoria asks turning her head over to me.

I shrug, "I don't know, she's always been distant about her family. So, she must be hiding something."

"Well then, let's find out what she's hiding." Jisoo suggests with a mischievous smile.