Prepared

The next morning was busy. The sounds of chatter came from the throne room as zipper had awaken from his dreamless sleep. He turned to the bed where Zira had slept and there she was sound asleep. Zipper couldn’t stop thinking about seaport and polar. He had once met a opossum named teska who they were good pals before coming into the city. She would mention something about seaport and polar before. He groaned and climbed out of bed and stumbled to the hallway.

Zipper walked down the endless halls of painting and gold. He noticed a few figures a head mumbling something zipper couldn’t quite decipher. Zipper walked a bit closer to see if head would hear more clear but unfortunately one of the figures turned to him.”Ah yes this is the zipper I mention of.” King Brisk was one of the visions speaking. The other opossum didn’t look familiar. “Hello.” Zipper muttered. “Ello there.” The opossum replied dipping his head. “They call me honeymoon.” Zipper had a good look at honeymoon and realized how big he was to king brisk and him he seemed like a fighter. “Honey is going to train you before the fight tonight just to check up on your skills.” Brisk looked up at honey with pride.

When brisk had left the room he had left zipper with honeymoon. The gave each other a good long stare until honey spoke.”Come with me.” Honey turned around and skipped off. Zipper followed honeymoon across halls and stairs  around 5e hospital. “Are we there yet?” Zipper said exhausted. “Yes and that was just a stamina test you do seem like a fighter but you’re not really a quick one.” Honey started to circle around him like galora. While he did that zipper looked around they seemed to be in an opened area where trays had been stacked on tables and it smelled like a garbage dump. “First we are going to start a few training sessions.” Honeymoon spoked. After a few mins of long hard fight training he would have to show honeymoon he could fight with blood.

The two rodents looked eye to eye at each other. Honeymoon bared his teeth with fear burning through his eyes. Zipper could sense it quickly as he snarled back. Then honeymoon yowled a battle cry and charged at zipper. Zipper fell back as honeymoon pinned him scratching at his stomach. Zipper grabbed him by the next and flung him off slamming honeymoon on the ground. Honeymoon limped back up his neck stained with blood. “I think you’re ready.” Zipper smiled but soon frowned once more glancing at his neck. “Don’t worry about that I’ll clean it up.” He bounded off and zipper followed him.

The walk was long and zipper started to get hungry as he walked in the castle. His stomach rumbled his mouth became dry as he panted into the main hall. Winter was dusting off a few small tables with potted flowers when he got there. “Ay win win shouldn’t you be getting ready for the battle.” Honeymoon said. “Win win..?” Zipper said with confusion were they together he thought. “Oh yeah that’s my sister I usually call her that.” Honeymoon joked. “Oh yeah I should but this place is going to need a cleanup first.” Winter replied. “Nice to have a maid like you around.” Zipper smiled brightly with confidence when he said that. “Oh shut up zipper I’m not that good.” Winter laughed. Zira came bursting through the kitchen door with a plate of cheese with bits of parsley leaves swirled around it. In her other hand was a bottle of something he didn’t recognize.

Zipper’s mouth started watering as Zira came closer with the small snack. “Looks like someone is hungry.” Zira giggled as she took a piece off and handed it to zipper. He swiped it and gobbled it down quickly. Everyone started laughing. Zipper laughed with him but at time he thought that the raid could be the last time he would burst out laughing.