Faded

Zipper shook himself to get all the wet off him. He was semi wet after he dried off. The gang headed into the forest stepping around twigs and logs that have been laying around. “Everyone stay alert for human traps.” Zira warned. The word human traps swirled through his head as he followed them. Do humans trip us? Then a snap sound grew near. Everyone stopped. “What was that.” Winter murmured. Zipper looked around in alert. Then out of a bush appeared a raccoon. His fur was messed up and torned like they were in a fight. “Hello travelers looking for something?” It smirked. “Uh yeah zorilla’s hut.” Zipper replied. “Oh well that’s an easy one just go to left until you find a clearing then it will be right there.” It pointed to the left of the trees. “Alright thanks!” Zipper and a fellow friends took a left til they found a clearing. “I have a bad feeling about this.”Zira whistled. “I’ll go ahead to see if I can find the hut.” Honeymoon spoke then headed into the trees. They waited a few minutes then they heard a SNAP then a whimper. “Honeymoon?” Zipper ran into the trees to see his friend stuck in a trap with sharp bits around it. Honeymoon struggled to get haft of his body out but it was too strong. “Honeymoon noooo!” Zipper ran closer. So everyone else appeared gasping. He was struggling until he stopped struggling and took his final breath.

Zipper looked at Honeymoon in horror as his eyes shifted up in his head. He realized that he was dead as his spirit escaped up into the sky. “No he can’t go yet.” Tears started to shed from his eyes. The patter of rain almost startled zipper as it dropped onto his fur. “We must keep going I’m sorry zipper.” Zira frowned. Zipper nodded and bounded away from honeymoon’s corpse. Rain’s speed started to rise as they walked away from the clearing. “Shouldn’t we go the other way the raccoon said-“ winter was interrupted. “The raccoon tricked us if we keep going that way we would all end up like honeymoon.” Zira growled picking up her swiftness. “Once I find that raccoon it will wish it was never born.” Zira stomp noise lingered near as they hopped over streams. Zipper stopped and heard a yip close by. His paws trembled as the snout of a fox appeared beside him. “FOX!” Zipper yowled and ran quickly past Zira and winter. The two opossums turned around to see the large orange beast looming over them. Winter gasped and ran to zipper but Zira stood snarling at the Fox. “Give me all you got you vicious animal!” Zira jumped at the fox’s face. The fox yowled and fell backwards. “Wait where’s Zira?” Zipper looked around for his colleague but she hasn’t been found. So he and winter ran back to see if she’s ok. And there she was attacking the fox. Zipper couldn’t believe she was beating up a fox until he saw another figure helping her. Another spiritual opossum was assisting her. He finally noticed it was his departed friend Honeymoon.

The fox finally gave in and limped away whimpering. “Honeymoon is that you.” Zipper whispered staring at Honeymoon’s face. “Yes it is me winter and Zira cannot see me but you have the power to speak and talk to the spirits. You can call me whenever you need with this sound.” Honeymoon howled like a wolf. “Ah I see.” Zipper replied. “Did you see that zipper I totally got em scared!” Zira laughed. “Yeah that was pretty cool.” Zipper replied. Zipper turned to winter who was terrified at the moment. “Can we just get out of here before a whole load of them comes back.” Winter said. “Yeah let’s get a move on.” Zira continued on. Zipper nodded and followed behind wondering how many days will it take to make it to zorilla. BOOM CRASH BANG the wind blew and the rain poured as zipper,Zira,and winter struggled through the storm. “Come on guys we can make it!” Zira’s voice was muffled through the raging tempest. Zipper couldn’t see anything ahead anymore the fog of the storm made stuff barely visible. Until he saw a light ahead. He tried following it seeing a large tree With a door. Zipper collapsed he couldn’t make it through this and closed his eyes in the final count.

Zipper woke up inside a warm place. The rain pouring noises coming from outside made him flinch. He saw Zira staring at him closely. “Oh good your ok.” Zira said. “Where are we?” Zipper groaned. “Where are you!?” And voice slammered. “What do you mean that?!” A squirrel with a small puffed up hat with a bow climbed down from stairs attached to a tree barked wall. “You’re in mama Anna’s home.” The squirrel said. ”Or which is me of course.” “Oh hello Mama anna thanks for taking us in.” Zira greeted her. “Oh it’s ok darling just call me Anna.” Another opossum came out of a room yawning and stretching. He had bandages around his left ear and eye. “Hi there I’m seaport.” It yawned. This made zipper gasp.