The raid

The night sky glistened as zipper followed brisk and his troop outside of the hospital. The streets seemed as busy as day. Cars stopped as the light turned red it gave brisk and the others a chance to cross. But as they got further to the forest there were streets with no stop lights and had to get lucky. “Everyone cross whenever i say!” Brisk commanded. When brisk walked across the others followed him. Zira,zipper,Honeymoon,and another opossum named nightstander were the last to cross. The ground started to rumble and they heard something boom by. A car was close zipper tried to pick up speed to get past. “Hurry!” Zira lashed out as they all got past before getting slammed by a car. Then finally arrived at the edge of the forest.

Owls hooted and crickets played a tuned as they waited for galora’s presence. “Maybe it was a trick!” A opossum shouted. “Of course not galora isn’t that clever.” Nightstander grumbled. “I’m not clever huh?” Galora appeared from the trees with other opossums by her side. “It was a raid you fools i was supposed to come to you!” Galora hissed. “That was the plan.” Brisk grumbled. “Argh fine then if you want to fight here then you will get one.” Galora bent down ready for an attack. The park fell silent the two opponents stared at each other. Galora made a loud hiss and charged. Then everyone else followed hissing and snarling. Zipper looked around his surroundings he watched as opossums fell to the ground and blood squirting from injured ones.

Zipper fell on his back as a possum pinned him to the ground

Zipper fell on his back as a possum pinned him to the ground. He was snarling and scratching his paws as he tried to get him off. Zipper finally grasped them by the throat and ended the opossum’s life. Zipper watched him fall to the ground as blood poured from his throat. He looked at the opossum closely as a figure started to rise out of it. Zipper flinched as the spirit like creature rose from the carcass. “Did i do this to you?” Zipper murmured to the spirit. “No it’s just my time to walk with the stars of heaven.” The spirit replied nodding his head and leaving in the air. Zipper realized that he was the only opossum with the ability to see the soul of the dead.

Zipper stepped back away from the dead body and look around his surroundings. It’s seems that everyone has stopped but galora retreated. “Where did she go!” An opossum lashed out. “Ugh what a coward everyone let’s head back.” Brisk ordered. His troops nodded and they turned around. “He’s right let’s get a move on!” It sounds like some from the other group shouted. Zipper turn his head around as he was watching the other opossums disappear into the trees.

A little later he was in the healing room. A kind doctor named muffin helped treat his bloody wounds. “There that should heal in a day!” She smiled. “Thanks doc.” Honeymoon said who was sitting beside him. “Anytime!” Muffin replied and walked out the room. “Pssst Honeymoon.” Zipper whispered to him. “Yes zipper?” “I think I have powers.” Honeymoon quickly gave him a strange expression that was a mix of confusion and nonsense. “I really do.” Zipper murmured. “Impossible we haven’t had a faculty opossum in years.” Honeymoon growled. “I’m serious I just saw a spirit fly straight out of a dead opossum’s body!” Zipper grumbled. “Did you really?” Said Honeymoon. “Yes honey I wouldn’t lie to you.” “Good heavens that’s strange could it be a gift from zorilla?” Zipper shrugged he wonder if this was zorilla’s doing as well but he keeps thinking it wasn’t.

Zipper soon fell asleep later. He seem to be awoken but in a strange place. There was nothing but water like he was on a island. “I was expecting you dear opossum.” I voice called out to him. “Who are you where am I?” Zipper called back. “Your in the island of dreams my son.” The voice replied. Zipper thinks this could be his father so he searched around the island for him. Then a figure appears but it wasn’t a opossum more like a raccoon. “Who are you?” He shuddered. “Nice to meet you zipper they call me zorilla.”