9

Is your normal name by any chance Amber

Not to be creepy

How do you know that?

I didnt get a reponse after that.

~Ambers POV~

I sat on the couch in the hotel. They were leaving soon, i knew i had to find somewhere. None of my old friends would work because i'm really far from home, Dad would kill me for leaving, and I don't have much money on me. Only about 100 bucks which could last me maybe a day on food and staying somewhere.

I leaned back in my on it sighing. Maybe I could ask Julia or someone at ACME, I'm not sure if that would be any better Julia would be mad and any agents would tell dad. I think over my options so many times im getting a headache. I get up and walk to get a glass of water. I smile seeing Zach messing around with Spike. I sit down at the seat next to him smiling at him.

"What are you doing?" "Spike is amazing!" I nod knowing what hes talking about Spikes small but fierce and tiny and cuddly. I smile watching the two for a while longer just smiling at the adorableness. 

"So when are your parents going to pick you up?" I heard from behind me, it was Carmen she was nothing but sweet to me along with everyone else. I turn to look at her, with a small bit of sadness. 

"Well i think i might try to get a hotel around here? No one can get me for a couple days though." I wasn't lying i didn't really have anyone who could pick me up. I glanced down at my phone that had gotten a notification. I ignored it and looked up at Carmen who was suspicious, Oh god i think shes going to go protective mom on me! I smiled a nervous smile at her knowing im getting lectured or something. 

"How much do you have on you? Your not old enough to stay alone! You can't get a room alone! Where are your parents we can take you anywhere!" She kept stopping herself after each thing, i just stared at her trying to processes everything she said. This caught Zach and Ivys attentions so now they were both looking at us. 

"I have about $100, I'm 16 so im legally allowed to i think, and trust me im fine alone!" I try to reason with her. She isn't going to drop it so thats just great. Ivy, Carmen, and Zach were having a meeting about what i said in the other room. I felt my pocket buzzing, i pulled out ACMES pen. SHoot! I quickly run to the bathroom locking it, I don't think they'll hear. I throw down the pen seeing it stand on the part where you write. I stood infront of it still in awe about the hologram.

"Amber, Are you in a hotel room?" She asked looking around the bathroom. "I-uh" Seeing her confusion. "Where have you been? The next mission is about to take place." Chief asked calmly which is about all i could ask for. I looked at her about to cry, I knew what i should do but i couldn't.

"I don't think, I'm ready for this job. I think i might get hurt i just-" I got cut off by the tears rolling down my face. Chief looked shocked breaking her normal formal appearance. She stood next to me telling me to shush it was going to be fine. 

"Are you ok? As in where you are What happened on the mission?" I used my hoodie sleve whipping my eyes and nose. I stared up at her with slightly puffy eyes. 

"Im-" I got cut off by Carmens voice calling my name frantic i could tell. I quickly ran over and shut down the call putting my pen back into my pocket, i threw up my hood so they couldn't see my eyes. I walked out of the bathroom, they all looked relived seeing me. They thought i had just run off. Spike ran off of Zach then ran to me, i bent down and picked him up petting him feeling better. 

"So we decided we will take you home to your parents is that ok?" Before i knew what i was going to respond with i quickly shook my head saying "No,no,no,no" They all looked at me very concerned.