one ❧ luna

THEY SAY THAT you can feel a Luna's power from the second they are born

     THEY SAY THAT you can feel a Luna's power from the second they are born. From miles away, you can pinpoint exactly who will one day be a Luna, and how they will be the one to one day help lead a pack. They call them Luna Bound.

No one wants to be Luna Bound. There is not a single she-wolf in the entire world who wants to be mated to an alpha. From the very second you are born as a Luna Bound, you might as kiss living goodbye. People actually dedicate their entire lives to hunting down Luna Bounds to keep packs from gaining too much power. Those who do that are referred to as boundhunters.

The chances of a pack having a true Luna are so slim to the point that they rarely exist. To see an actual alive Luna Bound is almost like a myth. It's impossible.

My eyes skim through the pages of the book. It's a story dedicated to explaining Luna Bounds in full depth. Based on my findings, it states that the last known Luna Bound had found her Alpha. From the moment they mated and crowned her as queen, the entire royal pack became so powerful that they could rule almost anything. The pack of RoyalBloods.

After that, Luna Bounds began splurging. Wolves were so fearful that they would become just like their king and queen that they killed them. This left every alpha without his equal, his luna, his strength, and his power. A pack can survive without it's luna, but the pack can become so weak.

Now, the RoyalBlood pack is without a queen. Although, the pack is not weak-they're far from that. The Alpha just so happens to be unseen, unheard of, yet so feared. He's a king without a queen, and instead of it making him a depressed wolf like every other alpha, he's an angry one. It cuts him so deep that he's merciless.

Flipping the page, my eyes continued to scan the text. It talked about how the Alpha's who never find their Luna's either end up making someone else their luna, or dying without ever finding one.

After the boundhunters became hunters of Luna Bounds, the population of werewolves decreased drastically. Numbers almost split in half thanks to all the wolf packs that fell after their alpha's depression occurred. Big packs would prey on little packs. Alpha's wouldn't make thought out decisions, the power of a pack felt like nothing. There were so many explanations to why wolves were dying.

"Why you always in here reading? Don't you got a life or somethin'?" The voice of Atlas had asked. He plopped his ten-year-old body down right beside me. Turning my head to look at him, I watched as his nosy eyes looked over the text.

"I could be asking you the same thing. I mean, you're the one who's always worried about what I'm doing," I told him.

He didn't bother to pay a single clue to the words that came out of my mouth. In fact, his attention was aimed at the words on the book. Before I had a chance to stop it, he snatched the book from my hands and placed it in his. I watched as his finger came up to the bridge of his glasses before he pushed it back.