nine ❧ pack

"No! Take me instead," I cried out

"No! Take me instead," I cried out. My body was battered and brushed. It hurt that I was all alone, no one was near. Even my wolf was silenced. The feeling of the world no longer having meaning suddenly rushed through me. It had to be the worst feeling in the air.

My knees fell down onto the ground as the man dropped a body. His Fortsblade was in hand and before another swoosh of wind echoed my eardrums, it sliced through my skin. I didn't bother to do so much as flinch. My eyes remained on the body. It was covered up with a sheet, so I couldn't see who exactly it was.

"How does that feel, Queen?" he mocked, clamping the blade against my skin with as much power as he could muster. My eyes were burning just ready to get vengeance, but I didn't do anything. Every hope that my pack had for me seemed to vanish. I could feel their pain and it brought me to weaken.

Suddenly, the body began to move. The soft murmurs caused my eyes to move over to the body. The familiar red hair caught my eyes. "Queen, queen," she whispered.

"Don't let this happen." Her voice called out from within my head.

My eyes snapped open to look into complete darkness. I could feel something wet on my cheeks leaving me to bring my hand up to touch it. When I looked down, there was blood gracing my fingertips. Panic was flowing through me and causing my heart to beat faster from within my chest.

As hurriedly as I could, I jumped out of bed and ran to the restroom. I caught sight of the blood that was falling from my eyes. This had to be the first that this happened to a wolf. My eyebrows came together as I stared at my reflection. None of this was making sense.

Then, my mind drifted back to the dream I had. Although, it felt nothing like a dream. What happened a few moments ago seemed more real than reality.

Grabbing tissue, I wiped away the blood from under my eyes before exiting the bathroom. I found myself leaving my bedroom and wandering the hallways. There was something that I was searching for, I am sure of it.

Suddenly, I found double doors that had the most beautiful gold decor surrounding it. I twisted the doorknob and was happy to find it unlocked. As I entered the room, a smile made its way onto my face. This was the place I loved to be.

The amount of books seemed to reach the taller heights. There were so many more books here than the other place I had been. I quickly closed the door behind me and searched the books for something that could be useful to my research.

I had to remind myself where I had learned so much about lunabounds to begin with. Without the library, I would be clueless. So, it would only make sense to find out more by returning to that useful source.