eight ❧ bound

The longer I walked, the more my thoughts seemed to run

The longer I walked, the more my thoughts seemed to run. I tried my best not to think so hard about the last couple of hours, but it was challenging. The mere image of my mother sacrificing herself just for me kept playing out in my mind like some sad song on repeat.

What made it all worse was the simple fact that I knew that I had to let these feelings go as I found myself walking back to the RoyalPack. There was nothing else I could do, and most definitely nowhere else I could go. At least with me inside of the RoyalPack, boundhunters could not get in.

My only issue would be the fact that the entire pack despises me. Once I made it to their boundary lines, I noticed the extra amount of patrols. Suddenly, their noses perked up as confusion made its way onto their features. I knew exactly what it was like to catch the unfamiliar scent of a lunabound. It was like someone had opened the door to a world that you didn't even know existed.

With my hands raised, I crossed the boundary line. All of their eyes fell on me as they widened. A feeling of shock ran up my spine causing my body to break out in a fit of shivers. They slowly got down on their knees as their hands laid out in front of them. I couldn't believe that they were bowing down to me.

"No, stop, please, that is so weird," I accidentally ordered them. Even I couldn't believe the amount of power that came from my voice. It was hypnotizing. The rich sound of it all seemed to confuse me in a way that I couldn't even recognize myself.

"As you wish," one of the patrols spoke. Just like in my dream, my nose caught ahold of a beautiful scent. It really did my dream injustice as it was even more strong and powerful. The funny part was that it smelled sweet. Like a berry garden, the sweet smell happily danced around in my nostrils. I couldn't tear away from the trance it had put me in.

Walking away from the men, I found myself growing closer towards the sweetest scent. The sounds of my feet crunching down on the dead leaves seemed to echo through the entire forest. Onyxia was quiet which was very unusual. I wasn't sure if she had decided to finally stay silent for more than five minutes, or if something was wrong.

Letting it go, I continued to walk until I caught sight of the back of a muscular body. He was standing at a distance in the water of the beach. The way the moon seemed to glide against his skin made him look even more beautiful. I couldn't stop my legs from walking towards him, and I knew that he was aware of my presence. What surprised me was that he never turned around to look my way.

Leisurely, I walked into the water. My mind couldn't even operate, it was if I were purely functioning on just instinct as I finally caught up to him.

"You are a lunabound," he stated, his face hard and cold. My heart had felt rejected, and for some reason I could not shake the feeling. I guess it was the fact that I had expected more.

Looking down, I began to fondle my fingers as the wind picked up speed. The best part about being a werewolf was that being cold was a challenging thing.