ten ❧ hate

"Jasper?" I questioned, my mind kept going back to the dream I had

"Jasper?" I questioned, my mind kept going back to the dream I had. There's no way that it could be possible to dream of someone I hadn't even met before. My eyes narrowed as I stared at him. From the small scar that ran across his screen to the wrinkle on his forehead—my dream was too accurate.

"Luna, this is Jasper Kilson Lewis. His bloodline has some of the most historic royals in werewolf history," Elliot introduces. He wears a proud smile on his face as he scoops my hand up in his and places a light kiss on the back of my hand. I resist the urge to snatching my hand from his grip.

"Kilson? As in, I will kill, son?" I asked. Elliot gave me a pointed look while Jasper just chuckled. He wasn't fooling me, he could play like the nice guy all he wanted, but I trusted my dream. Not only that, but the vibes I was getting him made me feel uncomfortable.

"I guess you can say that," he smiled. I nodded slowly, my eyes never leaving their narrowed state.

"It's unbelievable to see a lunabound in the flesh. You are quite beautiful, you know?" He spoke. I looked over at Elliot to see his clueless smile still playing out on my face. My eyes caught the Kings he was looking at me from across the room. I wasn't sure how long he had been staring at me.

"I know," I responded. His eyebrow rose and a playful glint made its way into his eyes. I was not being playful.

"Your confidence is quite attractive," he spoke. He took a step closer to me, and at that moment, I realized that he still had my hand in his grasp.

"Is that so?" I asked, my eyes growing smaller as I lifted my chin to stare him right in the eye. His smile immediately transformed from a smile to smirk. The playful look in his eyes was replaced by one of complete mischief.

"Poor Luna, I can't wait for the day you meet your Alpha. It will bring me great joy to watch all hell break loose. It'll only be a matter of time before you're dead just like the rest," he whispered in my ear.

Elliot was quick to push him slightly away from me, but it was already too late. The damage was done and his words did take a slight toll on me. Finally, I snatched my hand from his grasp to see the light bruise he had left from gripping it so hard.

Suddenly, the hand he had was grabbed by another. Based on the butterfly sensation I felt in my stomach, I knew exactly who it was. My eyes trailed over to meet his. He let nothing seep through his eyes, but as I looked hard enough—I could see the concern laced in them.

"What did you just say to her, Jasper?" He growled out. His voice was so deep and erotic that it had my wolf purring.

"Nothing, sir," he stated while bowing. My eyebrows rose as I listened to his dishonesty seep from his mouth.

The King's eyes never left mine.

Just when I was about to open my mouth to speak, he dragged me towards some room. The minute he shut it behind us, my heart immediately dropped to my stomach. His eyes were glowing and then returning back to its normal color before going back to its glowing color. Finally, he took a deep breath leaving his eyes to settle to their original color.