Chapter 14 "Discovered"

Lauren

Hearing a faint indistinct sound, I eventually groaned in irritation as my sleep got easily disrupted by it. As I was about to give whoever was in the room, a piece of my mind, a sudden blinding light had immediately slipped through my eyelids, causing me to eventually open my eyes to cuss at someone.

"Good morning!" Alex's familiar voice rang through my head, and I immediately purse my lips to keep me from shouting at her. Squinting, I tried to make out her figure when all I first saw was just her silhouette, noticing the daylight outside on the balcony. 

"Five more minutes," I mumbled, before flopping my head back down on the soft pillow. I then felt a sudden ache rushed through my head, making me groan once again, and grabbed another pillow to cover my face from the sunlight that surely added to my headache. "My head," I muttered weakly.

"Hangover..." she said, and I took the pillow off my face, and looked at her.

"What?"

"You had too much to drink last night...Do you remember what happened?" she asked, as she slowly walked towards the bed. My brows then furrowed as I tried to think of what went down last night, and slowly lifted myself up to a sitting position. As my gaze roamed around the room, my jaw eventually dropped when I realized where I was.

"Why am I in your room Alex?"

"Oh that...um, you were drunk, and we couldn't just leave you alone in your apartment last night, so we decided to bring you here."

I slowly nodded, averting my gaze from her, "I can't believe Becca easily agreed with you on this..." I mumbled under my breath.

"Why wouldn't she agree?" she questioned, and I mentally cussed myself for saying it loud enough for her to hear it.

I looked up at her, and cleared my throat, "I mean...you're letting another woman stay in your apartment. Wouldn't she get jealous?" I asked, slightly regretting why I had to ask it. Though I felt a little relief at myself for finally asking it as I had been wanting to know, after realizing I had intruded their privacy, for constantly coming in her apartment since she got back from the hospital. I felt like they hadn't got the time for themselves as I kept on showing up.

She frowned, "Why would she get jealous?" she asked, staring confusedly at me, and when I returned her stare, that was when her expression had lit up, as if realizing something, and slowly nodded. "Okay, I get it..."

"Look, I don't mean to pry in your relationsh--"

"She's not my girlfriend," she interrupted stoically.

"What?...She's not?"

She shook her head, "No. I had been meaning to tell you that, but I forgot about it...Anyway, do you remember what happened last night...at the engagement party?" she asked, shifting my focus to her question. I wanted to ask her about her relationship with Becca, because frankly, I was curious as to why they weren't dating when they were acting like one, but I decided to hold myself back, thinking she didn't want me asking questions, that was why she had changed the subject.

"Um," I murmured, trying to recall what went down last night, and after a moment, memories of the event had suddenly rained down on me, and all I could do was let out a gasp. "Oh my God...what have I done?...I-I just exposed Ethan..." I mumbled in shock.

She slowly nodded, "Yeah, you did...bravely."

"But...I wasn't supposed to do that...Yes, I thought of it, but I wasn't actually gonna do it...I didn't know what came over me," I mumbled, distrait. She carefully sat down on the edge of the bed, and unexpectedly touched my arm.