Chapter 29 "Demise"

Unknown P.o.V

I momentarily glanced behind me, sensing the woman's presence behind, feeling pissed yet anxious at the same time at my situation. I didn't like how she was handling me right now, pushing me from behind, forcing me towards my impending death. My heart was already pounding against my chest, seeing few goons looming around, but all I could do was continue walking towards the small abandoned building, towards her boss who sent her.

"You're liking this," I mumbled, gritting my teeth.

She snorted, "Is it that obvious?" she asked amusingly.

"I wouldn't have said it if it wasn't," I retorted.

"Just be prepared, you'll never know what would happen later," she reminded, with a hint of amusement in her voice, making me snort sarcastically. Even if I was already prepared, it was still hard not to think about what would possibly happen later, which somehow made me anxious. I was exposing myself to danger, and if something wouldn't go as planned, it would be my life on the line.

"You should be prepared," I said angrily, hearing her snort, once again, in response, before shoving me from behind.

"Come on, move!" she snapped, earning sharp glances on our way. I continued walking, ignoring the goons around, trying not to cough from the dust in the air as soon as I entered the building. It looked like the place had seen better days, the walls looked like they were gonna crumble anytime soon, the windows had been barred with rigid pieces of wood, and the floor was full of cracks and thick dust.

As I finished roaming my gaze around the area for a brief moment, I then turned my gaze to the man standing at the further end, with Mike beside him, tied up in a chair. As I continued walking towards them, I could now see the blood trickled down Mike's cheek from a gash on his forehead, as he looked up, meeting my gaze with a surprised one.

Stopping in the middle of the room, I gave Mike a subtle nod, before looking at Nikolai who was already flashing his sinister smile on my way.

"Welcome, my friend..." he greeted amusingly, "You're a bit late," he added, briefly gazing at the woman near me.

"So you were the one who sent her..." I said calmly, briefly glancing at the woman behind me.

"Yes, and I didn't think you were the who sent him," he said, putting a hand on Mike's shoulder.

I raised a brow, "Why? Were you expecting someone else?" I asked, causing him to slightly tilt his head to the side, smirking.

"Hmm...Not at all..." he answered, briefly flashing a stern expression on my way, before curling up his lips into his usual sadistic smile. We stared at each other briefly while I tried to read his expression, feeling anxious, thinking about the possibility that he already saw through me.

Gritting my teeth, I took a deep breath, and threw him a sharp glance on his way, "Now, you got me here, why don't you let him go?" I hopefully asked straightaway, causing him to eventually burst out of laughter, aggravating me even more. The girl behind me snickered, but I ignored her, and just stared intently at Nikolai who was taking his time laughing. As I watched him, I started punching him in my mind, wanting to get rid the mask of amusement he was feeling at the moment.

It took him a while before he began to calm down, and when he fully did, he pulled up a handkerchief from his pants' pocket, and slowly wiped the side of his eyes, a smile still plastered on his lips.

"Okay that was a good one," he commented as he chuckled, before shoving his handkerchief back on his pocket, "but I don't recall saying I'll let anyone go when I called you..." he added, making me nod subtly.