Chapter 20 "Confession"

Lauren

Stepping out of the shower, I wrapped my body in a towel, and dried my hair with another towel, before walking to my closet, and changed. After putting on some decent clothes, I went out of the room, and headed to the kitchen to make breakfast. I admit, it felt good to be back here in my new place, but I kinda missed Alex's apartment, as it felt more like home in there than here. I missed Alex as well, and it disappointed me when I didn't get to ask her how she was doing after the abduction, as she just went out without telling us. It made me anxious, thinking some worst case scenarios, thankfully when I reached home, Becca called me, letting me know Alex was fine. I swore, sometimes it irritated me how Alex would just go somewhere without telling anyone, it made me want to put some sense into her, and tell her that some people did care and worry about her if something would happen to her.  

Shaking my head to keep the thoughts of Alex off my mind, I started making my breakfast by putting the bacon on the pan, before filling my cup with coffee, and took a sip. My attention then suddenly snapped to my phone which had rang, resting on the kitchen island.

Grabbing it, I briefly read the caller ID and saw Tina's number displayed on the screen, before answering it.

"Good morning Tina, what can I help you with?" I asked, smiling.

"Ms. Harrington, are you watching the news the right now?" she asked straightaway, sounding serious, causing my smile to eventually vanish, and faded into a frown.

"No, why?" 

"It's bad Ms. Harrington...It's about Ethan..."

"Okay, I'm gonna turn on the TV now," I briskly said, before hurrying towards the living room.  

"Turn it to that Blanchard's news program," I heard Tina said as I took hold of the remote, and eventually pressed the power button. The TV then switched to life, and I immediately turned to the program Tina had mentioned. As soon as it came on, I eventually saw Ethan's murder video, which had slow-motioned to the part where he shot Knowles' son, his smiling face clearly showed in the camera, as Rose Blanchard did a voice-over, expressing her opinions to the matter.

"Ms. Harrington, are you watching it right now?" Tina asked, but her voice just faded into distance as my mind had drifted to the only person who I knew only had the video, thinking this was her plan all along, and what she just did, might put her life in danger.

"I-I'm gonna call you back Tina," I mumbled as I hastily turned the TV off, not caring if the news was all about Ethan, as all I cared about now was to see Alex.

Before Tina could respond, I immediately ended the call, and headed back to the kitchen to turn everything off, before walking to my room to change. I eventually put on a pair of faded blue jeans and white tee, together with a pair of heel ankle boots. As soon as I was done, I briefly checked myself on the mirror, before going out of my room, grabbing my keys on the table as I passed through the living room.

It didn't take long before I reached my car, and got in, turning the engine on, and eventually maneuvered out of the parking lot, and sped off the highway. Gripping the wheels tightly, I thought about Alex, and how she made me feel angry, yet worried for her at the same time. I may be acting overdramatic right now, but I couldn't help it. I was angry, because I knew for a fact she was the one who gave the video to that anchor, without caring what would be the outcome, a stupid move I must say. What if Ethan would know she was the source of the video? There could be a possibility Ethan would try to do something to her, or worst, he would do the same thing he had done to Eric, and that was what making me worry.  

"Stupid Alex," I mumbled in anger, clenching my jaw. She really liked to get me all worked up.

Fetching my phone up, I dialed her number, and waited for her to pick up, only to find it went through her voicemail. I tried again, and again, until I ran out of patience, and threw my phone to the passenger seat.