"38"

I would like to look back on this day and remember how I wasn't nervous at all, how everything went perfect.

But I can't do that.

I'm a nervous mess and I don't even know why! Well, yes, I do. It's because I like him and I'm a mess and I'm not even sure if this is a date and OH MY GOSH I JUST STEPPED IN A PUDDLE! DON'T CRY JUNGKOOK IT'S OKAY! THAT WAS TOTALLY SMOOTH! REAL SMOOTH!

Thankfully the bottom of my shoes are waterproof and I didn't get too wet.

You see, I would have driven, but I probably wouldn't be able to focus too much on the road and I want to make it to my date hang out thing in mostly one piece. Plus it's right down the street from my apartment so it really isn't that bad of a walk.

My outfit ended up consisting of a white shirt tucked into black skinny jeans with a silver buckled belt, topping it off with a black and white pair of Vans.

As I was nearing the cafe, I noticed Taehyung walking in the opposite direction facing me. Huh, I guess we timed efficiently.

He reached the door first and held it open for me. Such a gentleman.

I lightly smiled and thanked him as I walked into the cool cafe.

I got into the long-ish line to order our drinks, Taehyung right beside me.

He lightly tapped me, getting my attention. "Hi," he said with a boxy smile, trying to contain his excitement.

"Hi," I simply replied, shy as ever.
What? What else was I supposed to say? 'Hey Tae you look like a god, wanna have my babies?' NO! well . . . NO.

He was slightly bouncing on his heels next to me. This boy has a lot of energy.

"So what are you getting?" He asked me quietly. I was pretty surprised with how quiet he was for having so much energy.

"Umm..." I pondered over the options on the menu, stopping when I found one I liked. "A vanilla latte," I said.

"Ah, good choice," he responded, the energy still radiating off of him.

It was our turn to order. I opened my mouth to speak but Tae cut in. "Hi, can I have a vanilla latte and a caramel macchiato?" He ordered.

Wait, no, I wanted to order. Now he's gonna try to pay for it. No! I want to be likable! Let me do it!

When the cashier gave the total, I slid my way in front of him and handed her my card. She was close to taking it when Taehyung slapped my hand away. B**** move! What the heck?! I looked over at him, the competition showing through our gaze. Oh, it's on. *cracks knuckles*

Tae handed his money over to her, and I let her get close to taking it. You could see the achievement in his eyes when he thought he won. UNTIL I BECAME A SNEAKY SNAKE AND PUSHED HIM AWAY, VICTORIOUSLY HANDING HER MY CARD! SUCCESS!

"Hurry!" I said to the cashier, watching Tae regather himself. He didn't fall on the ground, but grabbed onto the counter before he could.

Once he collected himself, he looked over at me and the cashier handed me back my card. Ha! In your face!

"That was rude and hurtful," Taehyung stated matter of factly, crossing his arms and adding a pout for extra effect. Adorable.

"Aww..." I dragged out. "Is little Tae Tae sad?" I teased.

He scoffed, "As if." All I could do was laugh in response.

When the woman handed us our drinks, she said, "You guys are so cute!" All I could do was blush and look down, grabbing my coffee, Taehyung doing the same before nudging me and heading over to a table next to the window. We couldn't stop smiling.

"You know," Taehyung started, stirring sugar into his coffee, "you're quite competitive."

"Yeah...I get that a lot," I said, scratching the back of my neck. Did I go a bit over board with pushing him? Maybe. But I still won so I mean . . .

Shoot. I really am competitive.

"Well thanks for the coffee, but next time I'm paying," Taehyung stated. I can deal with that. Wait... next time?

***

Spending the afternoon with Taehyung was so nice. We were filled with constant giggles and smiles, and not once was there a silence left unfilled.

By the time our "coffee date" ended, Taehyung insisted on treating me to icecream, because it was "only fair".

We stopped by a park, eating our icecream while chatting about anything and everything, just enjoying each other's company.

Sitting on a nearby bench, Taehyung spoke. "You know, I had a really great time today," he said, looking over at me.

"I did too," I replied with a smile.

"By the way, I've read your tweets..." Taehyung started, my cheeks instantly heating up. "And I'm not as oblivious as I come off to be," he said, taking another bite, yes bite, out of his icecream. I'm cringing too, don't worry, but mainly about my tweets. I really need to learn how to delete those.

"And I'm sure you've seen my thirst tweets as well..." he trailed off.

I nodded in confirmation. I had seen those.

"And even though this is totally not something I'd normally do, I'm gonna say it anyways," he said, exhaling quickly, looking determined.

What could he possibly say? Is he gonna make fun of me? Because I'm not ready for that. Let me take my make up off first, sis is gonna cry.

"I like you, Jungkook," he said, facing me.

What? Why? EW OMG WHY?! Omg I love him too but WHY? Why me? Oh shoot Kook you're talking to yourself again. He's waiting for an answer. OH MY GOSH SAY SOMETHING!

"Oh . . . cool!"

Oh. My. Gosh.