[7/15]

~Chapter 7~
Love Note 

Larry continued to ramble as the two of you made your way through the slushy puddles to make your way to school. Sal and Todd were home sick with some bug that had been going around so the two of you walked to school alone in almost silence aside from Larry's complaining of the two weeks of detention the two of you had to serve. 

'At least we got to catch up on homework' you signed to him, Larry paused in his step and squinted at your hands. 

"One more time, I missed that." You let out a silent chuckle before signing to him again, slightly slower this time. Larry shrugged before continuing to walk, "I guess but once that was done it was still another week of boredom, and Mrs. Packerton wouldn't even let me practice reading your sign language!" He threw his hands up into the air dramatically before you nudged him. 

'Well that would technically be us talking to each other," you chuckled watching as Larry's eyebrows came together in a concentrated expression. 

"Don't laugh at me, I'm not good with this stuff like Ash or Todd or hell even Sal!" again his hands came up in a dramatic manner are the two of you approached the school building. Ash stood outside, lightly tapping her foot against the concrete as she adjusted something on her camera. Her head shoots up as the two of you stop before her, "Morning!" she paused as she glanced around the two of you, "Where are the others?" 

"Sick," Larry stated as he made his way inside the school building with the two of you following close behind. 

Ash grabs your wrist as the two of you walk faster to catch up with the long-limbed Larry, "Well that sucks, I hope they feel better soon." 

'Me too, it's going to be quiet with them.' you signed to Ash as the three of you stopped at your lockers. The two hummed in agreement as you all opened up your lockers, the loud creak emitted from yours as you opened it, pulling your backpack off instinctively before you pause when you spotted an envelope sitting on the bottom of your locker. Dropping your backpack to the floor in panic, you catch the attention of the teens standing beside you. 

Out of curiosity Ash peaks her head into your locker and pulls out the envelope, "Oooh, someone left you a note." She teased as she examined the light pink envelope in her hands, "Maybe its a love note." 

'Maybe' you shakily sign before picking up your backpack off your now aching feet before shoving it into your locker, your gaze refusing to drift to the note in her hand. 

"You should open it and find out!" Ash states holding it in front of you before you pushed it away. 

'How about we don't,' you retaliate as you pull a few things from your locker.
Ash shoves the envelope in your pocket as the first bell rings, "At least think about it." before you can refuse she rushes off to her next class leaving you and Larry alone in the hallway. 

Larry pats you on the shoulder, "Good luck with that," is all he says before he heads off to his own class. With a sigh you slam your locker shut and head to class, immediately when you enter you can feel the rage-filled stare of Travis on you, his face still recovering from the beating he got two weeks ago. 

Sitting down you toss the envelope onto the desk before reaching to place your things down as well, before you could the envelope was snatched off the desk by none other than the bruised boy himself. 

"Got a love letter from your boyfriend?" he questions, you glare at him but don't make a motion to take it back. Taking your silence as permission he rips the envelope open. 

"Dear (Name),
I have a small confession. Forgive this pouring of my heart.
I cherish where we first met. The moment I made eye contact with you, I knew you were going to be someone I wish to be closer to. Recently, I have begun to regard you as much more than just someone I saw day today.
My feelings for you intensified when I saw you smiling in the moonlight. I was further wowed by your tremendous skills in communication especially since you don't speak.
You have eyes like shining stars and the most charming heart I've ever seen. When I look at you, I just want to paint those eyes and hug that charming heart.
You're so special with your amazing ways. The way you handle situations shows great perfection and empathy.
I know that to you I'm just a strong-willed Asshat but I think we could be happy together.
Until I write again,
Your Secret Admirer." 

Travis tosses the now open letter on the desk as a few people in the class let out a chuckle, "Still have nothing to say after someone declared their love to you?" 

Scribbling four words down on some scrap paper, you hold it up for him to read. 

"I could care less." 

[Who did it?]