Chapter 2

Aang and Katara spent the day together. The people of the Water Tribe were happy once again. The citizens of the Water Tribe hasn't seen Katara smile in so long. Everywhere that Aang and Katara went, people were commenting on how wonderful it was to see Katara smile again.

Aang was having mixed feelings. Not about Katara, but what he had done. On one hand, he felt terrible to have caused her so much pain and not being unable to smile in the last three years. On the other hand, he was happy and amazed that he was the only one who could make Katara smile again. Aang kept those thoughts silent and to himself as the two of them walked around the city. They spent the day getting to know each other again.

Aang felt like asking Katara something that's been bothering him all day. So he did. "Katara, Sokka told me that...a lot ..of guys have..... proposed to you?"  Katara froze. "Yeah.... they have"
"And you turned all of them down?"
"Yeah...I did."
"Why?" asked Aang after a couple of minutes of silence.
"Why what?" asked Katara not catching on.
"Why did you turn all of them down?" asked Aang looking at Katara.
"I was waiting for you, Aang. I was hoping that you would come back to us. To me." replied Katara softly.

The two walked back to Sokka and Katara's place that night. "Oh by the way. Sokka and Suki are married and have a 1-year-old son named Hakoda," said Katara as they were walking.
"Wait, what?! Sokka didn't tell me," said Aang smiling.
"Do you want to say hi?" asked Katara.
"Of course," replied Aang.

They saw Suki feeding Hakoda when they walked in. "Hi, Katara. How are doing today?" asked Suki who's back turned away.  "I'm doing better than the past three years. I brought a guest by the way."
"A guest? Katara never brings a guest home," thought Suki as she turned around to face Katara. Suki gasped when she saw Aang. She moved towards Katara and Aang, who was standing by the door. She stopped when she was a few feet away from Aang and Katara.

"Hi, Suki. Long time no see," said Aang with a grimace-smile in his face. "Hi, Aang. How've you been?" asked Suki.
"Good. Been visiting the Earth Kingdom," replied Aang with nervousness on his face. Suki saw it of course. "Don't worry Aang. I'm not going to yell at you," said Suki with a smile.

The three of them talked while waiting for Sokka to get home with news that he found a place for Aang. Sokka walked in about 15 minutes later. "Well. I found you a place not too far from here. Just down the street actually," said Sokka when he sat down next to Suki.
"Thanks, Sokka," said Aang with a small smile. "I appreciate it."

Aang left the house with Sokka after they were done catching up. Before Aang went inside, Sokka suddenly said, "Thank-you, Aang."
Aang turned around and gave a small chuckle. "What for?" he asked.
"For making my sister smile again. Katara's...back. The past three years were like torture for me. I..I didn't know how to help her. With you here, it's like.... these three years never happened," said Sokka sadly. "Except for all the changes. You look older and your voice dropped a few octaves," added Sokka with a laugh.

"I'm sorry Sokka," said Aang sadly.
"Don't be. You're here now. That's what matters," said Sokka with a small smile. "I'll see you later, Aang," said Sokka clapping Aang's shoulder.
"Yeah, see you later."