Epilogue

ONE YEAR LATER

Lifting a box and setting it down on the floor, Sokka saw an envelope. Grasping it, he sat on his bed and opened it. It was a letter....from Aang. It's been one year since Aang and Katara's death and Sokka has been taking both their deaths hard.

Aang gave him the letter after he and Katara got back from Ember Island. Still mad at Aang for leaving his sister, Sokka never read it. Until now. Opening the letter, Sokka read the letter to himself.

Sokka,
I know seeing me after three years and five months is hard. I don't blame you. I know that I've hurt Katara. I'll always regret that decision. I already told Katara this but I doubt she'll tell you. I'll tell you anyway. You can kill me if she doesn't. You can kill me too if she did. It's your choice. (Sokka gave a small laugh as he read the last part.)

I was taken to a camp in Ba Sing Se where they would beat us up. I have scars both physically and mentally of the times in there. Believe it or not, Katara is the only reason why I'm not insane right now.

It took me three years to escape and five months to heal myself and find you guys. I was planning on staying in  Ba Sing Se for a week and be back to you and Katara. But the plan changed.

I don't expect you to forgive me. I just want you to understand. I hope you forgive me because you are my best friend and I don't know what I'd do without you and Katara by my side.
Yours,
Aang

Sokka looked up and said, "I forgive you Aang. You've given my sister a happy life." There stood before Sokka was the ghost of young Aang and Katara smiling at him. Sokka smiled back and finally knew the truth. The truth about Aang. Aang and Katara were finally home.

Thank you so much for reading this book... I'll try and put some more up.