| Prologue

The One
Ariana Sophia
I finalized cleaning the dirty tables at the old cafe I had to work at to earn money to sustain.
Looking around the room, no one was there. I let out a sigh, guess I have to close up again, early, I do this way too often and I'm so tired of it. I'm tired of it because I end up making just enough money to make it through, this was the only job I could get. I'm 17 years old, taking care of myself with the minimum amount of money. This wasn't the way I pictured my life to turn into I thought to myself as I walked behind the counter to get my bag.
Walking over to the entrance, I stepped out, the cold fall wind blowing my brown locks in front of my face. Moving them to the side, I took out the key to close the café. Making sure it was locked, I walked. All that played through my head were memories, how my life turned out to be, how I wish everything that happened three years ago were false, that they never once occurred, but sadly this is real life, not a fairy tale. I lost everything I loved, my parents.
Thinking about loosing them to a car wreck, made the tears roll down my bronze face. I wiped off the salty tears, not wanting to upset me more.
Before I knew it, I made it to the small and old apartment I sadly have to call my home.
I entered the rusty apartment, scrunching my nose up in disgust as I think how this is where I have to come back to everyday.
I made my way to my room and laid down, taking a deep breath. I looked over at the small wooden drawer next to my bed, stacks of envelopes are piled high, I checked them and they were bills after bills and how I needed to get them payed in two weeks. Without a dime in my pocket, I was confused on what my next move should be.
I straightened the plaid tank top I was wearing and reached under my bed, taking out my laptop, yes I know, I have a laptop, how surprising, but this was my mother's, it was old, yes, but I couldn't give this away because I knew I needed this.
I opened the web browser and began searching what I had to, a new job.
After endless of hours scrolling through the old PC, I found something that intrigued me, a house keeper job, I knew it wasn't much of a job, but the money was much, $500 the day, I was lucky if I could get that sort of money in a month.
Quickly taking out the phone I've had for over five years, I dialed the number and waited.
"Hello?" a deep voice spoke through the phone, causing chills down my back.
"Umm, yes. I was calling for the job you have online" my soft voice replied.
"Oh yeah, you got the job" he spoke swiftly.
"But how. I didn't even say anything" I spoke, surprised.
"Don't worry, just come to my address, what was your name?"
the deep and rough voice questioned.
"A-Ariana" I chocked out.
"Nice talking to you Ariana, I'll see you tomorrow at noon" the man replied.
I took a final look at my laptop, looking for his name and it appeared at the front of the page.
"I'll see you tomorrow at noon then, Mr. McCann"
///
This was pretty short, hoping to making the rest of the chapters longer, but favorite and leave me your feedback please & I haven't spellchecked so forgive me for grammar errors.
Love ~ Jarianachanel 💜