Griddy's Doughuts- Five x Reader

Five's POV:

I walked into Griddy's Doughnuts, un-amused by the smell of grease that filled the air. Usually at this hour the house was empty, but instead a girl sat on one of the chairs, staring at the doughnut she had ordered but not even making an move to eat it. In an attempt not to be put off by her presence, I sat next to her, ignoring as she looked up at me. Out of the corner of my eye, I could already tell she was beautiful. I mean, a lot of girls are beautiful, but something about her made my stomach twist and my tongue go dry. Puberty and it's hormonal friends were not in my favor tonight. When Agnes appeared from around the door, I quickly asked her for two coffees, telling myself I was going to drink both, but knowing internally that I would probably give one to the young lady next to me.

I have often been described, quite openly in fact, as an annoying, snarky and sarcastic pain in the ass, and to be honest, I couldn't agree more, but for some reason, that was not the side I wanted to show to the girl. So, when Agnes returned and handed me my two drinks, I slid one across the table to her and started to stare. In social situations, this would most likely not be the correct move, but I sensed a brick wall that the girl had built up around herself, much like me, and decided that it was safest for her to acknowledge me first. It was a long time until she did.

"Thank you for the coffee." She muttered, giving me a sideways glance.

"No problem." I replied. "Why are you here?"

"Doughnuts." She said cautiously, turning to face me, suddenly suspicious. "Who wants to know."

"Just me." I answered.

Your POV:

"Just me."

This boy was messing with my head and I was sure of it. He was being kind, I assumed, but something told me that it wasn't a daily routine for him. Indeed, the precise way he pronounced his words gave me a slight hint of the lack of empathy on his part, and helped me come to that conclusion, but the way he acted hinted at something else . In a way, he seemed older than he was shown, and for some reason, I liked that.

We ended up talking, conversing in the annoying aspects of our lives, and for once, I felt like someone actually understood me. He told me about how, from a young age, he was isolated, and let it slip that he had been so for much over his own age, and I finally understood. He seemed old mentally because he was old, he had time travelled. In the end, tidal waves of secrets were let loose and I learned about his family, their powers and their horrible childhood, and in return I gave him the reassurance that he needed to soothe his over aged mind.

3rd Person:

When they finally had to leave, they parted feeling lighter, more steady on their feet, and both realized, with absolute certainty, that the swell of their hearts had not been from letting their secrets free. It was from the person who they had met not hours ago. It was for the love that was starting to develop, and somehow, they both knew that the other felt the same.

And Agnes just stood there, looking at the two children who had just left, almost seeing the unbreakable bond of infinite adoration and admiration for each other that had been newly formed.

Sometimes, she thought, sometimes people are just made to last.

And that was the way it was.