Winter Ball Dates: Nicky x Reader

When people ask why I'm friends with Dicky, I just shrug my shoulders. I mean sure, he can be a pain in the ass, and at times a little stupid, but has always been such a good person towards me. Some think I have a romantic tie to him, like I have a crush, but the person I do have a crush on is definitely not him.

The winter ball. Sounds magical right? To be honest, it's not more than a few decorations strung up in our school gym, but it's fun all the same. I was sitting in geography class, rolling my eyes internally, when it suddenly crossed my mind. I had no one to go with to the dance. My eyes skirted around the classroom, falling on the only person I really wanted to go with. His bluish green eyes stared up at the board, glazed over from the lack of interest in the subject as he ran a hand through his deep brown hair. He glanced across, a small smile flickering on his lips as he looked at me. I grinned back, turning my head back to the front and despairingly tearing my eyes from him.

The trouble was, the boy, Nicky, was Dicky's brother. We hadn't made a rule to not date the other friend's siblings, but I didn't want to mess things up. While being best friends with Dicky, I also became good friends with all the Harper quad, as they always stuck together. I never really hit it off with the other siblings as much as Nicky and Dicky though, and we'd been pretty close ever since. So, taking a deep breath, I ripped out a page from my notebook and quickly scrawled a note on it.

You going to the dance?

I casually leaned over my desk and handed Nicky a pencil, with the note hidden underneath. He glanced at it, smiled to himself and then wrote a reply.

Yep.

I stared at the word, a million possibilities running through my mind. What if he already has a date? What if he doesn't like me? What if-

"Y/n!" Nicky hissed, passing me another piece of paper. I grabbed it, my hand sweating.

Are you going with anyone?

I bit my lip.

No. You?

He wrote the reply.

Nah. But I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?

I gasped quietly, glancing across to Nicky who was fiddling with his pencil nervously, leg jumping up and down under the table and a blush creeping on his face.

Of course. I was actually going to ask you...

I wrote it, but then realized how stupid it sounded, and grabbed my eraser to get rid of the cringe line, but before I could, Nicky grabbed the paper and read it, a grin erupting in his face.

Well I accept your offer. Listen...I like you, a lot, and I'm hoping after this you'll wanna be my girlfriend?

He wrote back, and I smiled, nodding my head and laughing as he did a small victory dance. Carefully folding the paper and putting it in my bag, I grabbed my phone and sneakily texted Dicky about what had just happened, guilt already rising in my chest, but it disappeared as he answered.

Dickster🤠: Thank god it happened at last.