Studying distraction pt.1

I hate geography. Sorry to anyone out there who actually likes it but, are you out of your mind? All you do is look at chunks of land that have already been discovered. Not interesting if you ask me. But here I was, in geography class eyes glazed over and pen scribbling down useless doodles so it would look like I was writing notes. Glancing over my shoulder I saw the new boy, looking up at the board in actual interest. Either that or he was a good actor, which would explain why he was in multiple TV shows.

When he first walked into the room, all the girls went wild, and all the boys either sank into their chairs or puffed out their chests, like they could ever compete with...that. Even that strange girl who sits at the back of the class who never talks to anyone but trees sat up a little straighter and pulled out her chapstick, smearing it on her crusty lips. I personally hid a snigger and reached across to my best friend, Mandy, who just so happened to be sitting next to me on this fateful day. But she didn't even twitch, and when I looked up, her jaw was practically touching the table. When she finally turned to me, all she said was "Next target, acquired." Which I found utterly disgusting.

He introduced himself, and if I'm honest, he was really cute. Apparently, he was an actor, singer and an environmental activist, which pretty much meant he was perfect. The only time Aidan (that was his name) got uncomfortable from all the attention was when the principal remarked about  him causing havoc in the classroom, and he got all nervous and blushy, which made all the girls squeal and one say rather aggressively:

"I WANT TO PINCH HIS CHEEKS!"

I tried to stay cool throughout the entire thing, telling myself that it was because I thought fangirling was stupid, but actually hoping it would make him like me more.

When he got dismissed from the front of the class, multiple girls actually moved their bags from chairs or pushed people from the seats next to them. I didn't have my bag on my chair anyways, so I just stared straight ahead as he wandered through the rows of chairs. He glanced towards the boys, but none of them really made a motion for him to sit. This was probably because Aidan had practically stolen Micheal's (the king of the class) girlfriend, Olivia, by just stepping into the room. And everyone followed Micheal, no matter how thick he was in the head. I saw Aidan's brow droop in disappointment slightly as he surveyed the room. Then I heard the chair squeak next to me, a bag being placed on the floor, and suddenly Aidan was sitting next to me, grinning.

"I guess I already introduced myself," He laughed. "What's your name."

"Y/n." I smiled. "Hope you have a good time in this hellhole ."

"Thanks, but I'm not sure any of the dudes like me here."

"Nah, they will, it's just that Olivia," I pointed at Olivia and then Micheal. "And that guy are dating, and she's already all over you."

"Huh." He said.

"Mmh," I hummed.

"But I don't even know her, there is no way I'm trying to steal her or anything."

"That attitude usually doesn't last long." I grumbled.

"What?"

"She's a total queen bee, every boy likes her even though her personality is as blank as a whiteboard."

"I'm guessing you don't like her very much." He chuckled. I grinned.

"Well aren't you a smart boy!"

"I guess if you don't like her, I don't either." He said quietly as class began to proceed.

"Oh, I hope so Gallagher, I hope so."