Chapter Seven

* The bold parts signify the two scenes are happening at the same time.

Time: 7:00AM

"Backup be ready and don't come in until my command" Lieutenant said .

The lieutenant along with the investigator from Emery and Kai's case walked into Damian's junkyard. They walked over to his office and knocked on his door. Bobby answered and immediately avoided eye contact with them.

"Is Damian, your boss here?" the officer asked.

"Y-y-yes, give me a moment". He shut the door and panicked realizing this was end of Damian's little game. If Damian got caught that meant Bobby got caught and he couldn't let that happen. Bobby quickly got into Damian's safe and took an envelope with his name on it. It had all the money Damian promised him in it. He put it in his backpack and grabbed the keys that unlocked the cells.

"Damian there's someone at the door for you". Bobby peeked his head into room making sure to hide his backpack and the keys.

"Tell them I'll be out in a minute". Damian huffed getting up from his bed. Bobby quickly walked to the door and opened it for the officers.

"He should be out in a minute. I'm sorry I have to go now, my mom has a doctors appointment". Bobby brushed passed the officers and ran over to the cells which were hidden inside a garage type building. If anything no one would suspect two girl being held captive inside because it didn't look like anything besides a garage holding tools and machines.

"Kai do you hear that?" Emery said with a weak voice. Her condition was getting worse and she needed to get out there soon.

"Yeah what is it?".

The door suddenly burst opened and there was a panicked Bobby running down the stairs balling his eyes out.

"They're gonna get me, they're gonna get me, they're gonna get me" he screamed. In the distance there was screaming and Emery and Kai started to get even more confused.

"Damian put down the weapon right now!" an officer's screamed.

"I need backup, I repeat I need backup" the other said into his radio.

"Damian we just want to know where the girls are" the investigator warned.

"You'll never find them" Damian screamed holding the gun tighter.

"Bobby what are you talking about? Who's gonna get you" Emery questioned.

He didn't say anything. Instead he slid the keys under the cell.

"I'm sorry okay... I'm so sorry" he whimpered before running way.

"What the fuck is going on? Why did he give us the keys?!".

Did Bobby finally come to his sense and realize what he was doing was wrong?

"Damian I need you to put down the gun right now or we will shoot" the officer warned.

"Damian it's over! Put down the gun kick it as far as you can and get on the ground".

The cop sirens started to sound closer and Damian realized that it was over. There was no way he could escape. He failed at showing his love to Emery. It was time to let her go. Damian dropped the gun and kicked it far away. He slowly put his hands up and dropped to his knees. Just as the other cops came the two officers circled in and tackled Damian to the ground.

"What the fuck is going on? Why did he give us the keys?!"

"I don't know, but Kai we're getting the fuck out of here".

I crawled over to the cell door and grabbed onto it, helping myself get up. My legs felt weak and I almost fell backwards from the dizziness I felt.

"Kai I need you to stay with me, I'm almost there". I leaned against the cell wall the nausea and dizziness was intense. I couldn't stand any longer, but I knew Emery was counting on me to be strong. I heard a clicking sound and then felt a slim arm wrap around my waist.

"C'mon Kai don't pass out on me now. We have to get out of here". I opened my eyes and saw the open cell door. There was freedom. We finally got a grasp on it. Emery and I were both weak and we using each other as support.

"I don't think I can make it". Coldness and aching pain was all I felt. I didn't realize how weak I was until standing and moving around.

"Kai please! You promised me remember". She was crying now.

Emery was right I did promise her we would make it out of here together. I got myself together and gathered all the strength I had to support her and I. We made it to the stairs and the hardest part now was to get up them.

"We can do this".

We walled up the stairs one by one. We ran until we saw the light coming through the door. I was weak and my eyes kept closing not because I was blinking, but because I was trying to black out. It was like a camera flash. I ignored the pain in my body and kept going. We made it outside and the hot sun warmed my body. I heard screaming from multiple people and I saw lights flashing from what looked like cop cars. Before I could see my surroundings and where I have been for the past weeks, I blacked out. Everything was dark, like all the time I spent here.