Chapter 9

Rapunzel

Rapunzel sat on the couch flipping through the channels. She felt numb while sitting on her boyfriends couch. He boyfriend being Flynn, the boy she met at the club only about a week ago. Rapunzel felt many emotions, but for the past week shame has been the most prevalent.

This shame being so overbearing she stopped texting her friends. What has she become? What will they think of her? 

The blonde thought back to how she got here.

Flynn had convinced her there was no other respectable option,but to become his girlfriend and move in with him. Rapunzel felt trapped. She never left his apartment. Because, Flynn had also made her quit her job.

Rapunzel can still remember how angry he got that morning when she woke up for the first time in his bed. Now, of course he gave her his guest room and she slept there. Flynn had went on and on when he saw her get dressed into her clothes with the intention of leaving.

"Where are you going Blondie?" Flynn had asked her. Rapunzel simply answered she was heading back to her place. She had no idea what happened between the two of them, but Rapunzel had a good enough idea. Between waking up how she did and feeling wickedly hung over, Rapunzel figured she may have taken it too far with Flynn.

And according to Flynn, she did. 

Rapunzel felt ashamed and guilty. So, she listened to Flynns words. He was older and wiser, he was 26 to her 21. Flynn had explained the respectable thing to do was date him, and of course move in.

So, she did. 

Now, Rapunzel had no job.

Rapunzels life was reduced to cooking and cleaning Flynn's apartment. She didn't enjoy it, but Rapunzel kept reminding herself it could be worse.

Flynn had bought her new more expensive clothes and takes her out to nice restaurants. Given she doesn't like the clothes and fancy resturaunts are not her thing. Rapunzel was flattered at his effort.  

Flynn was no Jack, Rapunzel would admit that. But, Flynn was not like her mother. 

Flynn wouldn't hit her.

So, Rapunzel stayed. With no job, no choices, because she got to drunk and went to far with Flynn. She was so ashamed of this  Rapunzel didn't try to conntact her friends. She even blocked them at the urging of Flynn. That she did regretfully, but she was a shame. Or, well Flynn told her so.

Rapunzel pulled herself back into reality. She had to get dressed. Rapunzel was still in the silk Pj's Flynn bought her. This morning  before he left Flynn had told her they where going out to dinner. Joking that he was sick of her food. 

Rapunzel got off of the couch and went to her beautiful room. It wasn't her style, but she could appreciate its elegance.

 It wasn't her style, but she could appreciate its elegance