Training

Aisha yelped as she stumbled backwards from the force of a punch Fabian had delivered to her abdomen. "It's like you aren't even trying, Ai," he groaned in annoyance, rounding up on her and knocking her to the ground. "Do you want to get yourself killed?"

"No," she huffed out, grabbing for his reached out arm and dragging herself back to a stand. "I don't want to die," she continued but it sounded too much like a question to be convincing. 

Fabian raised his eyebrows and was about to comment when Manuel joined them. "Jesus, Ai, you are acting like a human," he grumbled and Fabian let out a bark-like laugh. 

"I am human," she mumbled and they both rolled their eyes at her. 

"It's been over three years, girl, get over it."

"Your humanity makes you weak," Fabian said and Manuel nodded in agreement. 

"I thought feelings made me weak," she replied, referring to one of their past conversations. 

"Same thing," he was quick to retort. 

"Not really," she argued but was quickly reminded that she had been talking to two of the least emotional people she had ever come across. She shook her head and dropped the subject. "Fine, how do I not be human?" she conceded. 

 Fabian laughed soundly while Manuel just smirked with pride glimmering in his brown eyes. "Just watch and learn, dear."

As much as neither Fabian nor Manuel should be taken up as role models, Aisha made a decision to still try and follow their lead. They were all she had left and in the past month provided her the only solace.

"So I just got a new client," Manuel turned to Fabian, already done with the conversation. "She is hot."

Fabian quirked a brow. "Did you offer your other services yet, Romeo?"

Manuel nothing but winked. "I have my charms."

Aisha rolled her eyes and he immediately feigned offence. "Just because you are blind, miss, doesn't mean others are too. Anyway, as I was saying. She is my new client,"

"That you bedded, yes we got it. Good job," Fabian taunted and Manuel punched his shoulder. "Fine, I won't tell you."

"Okay, okay, I'll behave. Tell us," Fabian grinned, putting his hands up in submission. 

"She wants me to kill this guy and well, she wants him to suffer," he ended, looking and Fabian expectedly. "You want to team up?" Fabian asked, his eyes sparking with excitement. "You get the torture, I get the kill," Manuel nodded, mirroring his excitement.

"You two scare me sometimes," Aisha shook her head and they looked at her like she was crazy. "Human," Manuel groaned, disappointment lacing his voice. "We will have to work on that. Or ask Alex for help when she comes by."

"What is she coming over for anyway, I thought they just couldn't stay?" Aisha asked, annoyance and sarcasm filling her words. 

"Claire is still missing, Ai. She just wants to help even though I remain certain she left on her own accord. Wouldn't be the first time."

"What if something actually happened to her? Many people are pissed at her as far as I'm aware," Fabian commented for the billionth time in the past month.

"Leo remains our only known enemy as most of the others are now dead. And he fears her too much to keep her locked up. He also knows torture wouldn't really bother her as she can simply turn it off. If he got to her he would kill her right away, and we would know by now. I'm telling you, she left because her girl broke her heart and left with another. She let herself feel, again. It ruined her, again. We will spend the next few decades waiting for her to grace us with her company again. I'm growing tired of this mantra. Now let's focus on finding the cure for Ai and actually training her to become one of us. It will be a lot more of use to us than trying to find someone who isn't lost to begin with."

"Ai, are we done for today or do you want to go for another round?" Fabian turned to the brunette that had been hovering uselessly in the back. She just groaned in response. 

"You won't get anywhere with that attitude," Manuel scolded and she rolled her eyes. 

"Fine," she turned back to Fabian who smirked at her. "Okay, kid, let's see what you got."

"I'm over twenty-one, I'm not a kid anymore," she mumbled.

"Yeah, well, you're still younger and smaller than me. That makes you a kid in my books," he grinned back at her.

"Everyone is smaller than you," she was quick to retort and he laughed soundly at her. 

"Maybe she should train with me for a change," Manuel offered. She raised an eyebrow at him questioningly. He never trained with her before. "It will be fun," he shrugged and she laughed at him. "Sure thing."

"You can trust me," he said, stepping forward. "I don't even trust the way you said I could trust you," she laughed but accepted the challenge anyway. She had to train and it was best to change opponents from time to time. 

Fabian nodded in agreement and left them to it, small smile twitching on his lips. Maybe they will be okay on their own.