Aftermath

While she most definitely still hated the mornings, Sky couldn't help but smile at the sight that greeted her as she entered the kitchen. Leaning against a cabinet, she watched as her girlfriend stood in front of the stove, already fully clothed and cooking breakfast.

She soaked in the moment, committing the sight to her memory, before sneaking up behind her.

Claire felt long arms wrap around her waist from behind, followed by the sensation of a warm, slender body pressed to her back and Sky's head resting on her shoulder, face turned to nestle in her neck. Claire laughed lightly at the tickling sensation of breath on her skin, but continued at her task. Sky, dismayed at her failure to dissuade Claire from her boring job, tried harder. She wiggled her nose against Claire's neck and started moving her fingers to tickle her ribcage. That got Claire's attention. "Sky, no!" She dropped what she was holding and immediately grabbed on to Sky's hands to stop her, all the while laughing unwillingly at the tickling sensation.

The two struggled playfully for a few moments before Sky relented and spun Claire around to face her with her back pressed to the counter. Their eyes met and their laughter slowly faded out. Sky lifted her right hand and gently stroked Claire's cheek, watching as her eyes glimmered and a rosy red blush began to form, as it always did whenever the blonde looked at her that way. 

"You will make me burn breakfast," the black-haired beauty whispered but made no move to disentangle herself from Sky. The blonde smiled fondly before pressing a quick peck on her girlfriend's lips before letting go of her. 

"Wouldn't want that now, would we?" she winked playfully before hopping on a counter to sit and watch.

They revelled in the peace for a few more short moments before the kitchen doors swung open, revealing a very dishevelled Alex. 

She had just woken up from the procedure Claire performed on her and was still suffering the consequences. Groaningin pain, she plopped down on the bar stool closest to the couple, before taking a sip from her glass of what appeared to be scotch. 

"Not sure that helps," Sky chastised, eyeing the glass with disgust. 

"Not sure it doesn't," Alex retorted and Claire let out a raspy chuckle before grabbing a piece of cooled, crisp bacon and throwing it at Sky. Sky caught it in her mouth with a laugh and crunched it loudly between her teeth. "What was that for?" she questioned after swallowing the last bite and Claire shrugged in response, a playful smirk dancing on her lips. "Let Alex drink, it's 8 am already anyway."

"I just don't think it's healthy," Sky replied, shrugging lightly. 

"That sounds like a 'you' problem," Alex deadpanned before downing her drink.

"So, what are the plans for today?" Sky turned back to Claire after rolling her eyes at her best friend. 

"Not sure yet, we need to check if Manuel is healing properly and I need to check Alex over when she stops being a brat. Apart from that we still have the people following us to worry about."

"Oh, yes, that minor inconvenience," Sky groaned. "We can't have a day off, can we?"

"Doesn't seem like it. Oh, and we have to go to Rose's party tonight."

"And someone has to pay for what happened to Manuel," Fabian growled, entering the room. 

"We will make them pay, Fabian, I promise. But if I have to go on one more killer spree with an untrained rookie I will lose my mind so can we please focus on getting Aisha to actually learn how to fight before we make any moves against anyone?"

"I'll train her," Sky nodded and all three pairs of eyes were on her in an instant, eyeing her as if she had gone mad. "Seriously, she hates me. She will actually want to beat me which will make her try harder. Or at all. Which will be new and most likely exactly the push she needs."

"Okay," Claire nodded hesitantly.

"So who's gonna break the news to her?" Sky smirked lightly, knowing the brunette won't be happy about the idea. 

"Do it yourself, newbie," Fabian smirked in response. "Claire has two patients to deal with and I, well I have better things to do than watch you two bicker about nothing in particular."

"So what should I tell her?" Sky worried her lip, suddenly feeling uncomfortable about the entire predicament. "Just tell her the truth?" Fabian suggested and Sky frowned. "Since when do you suggest the truth as the best course of action?"

"Seriously, just say everyone else is busy or something," Alex rolled her eyes. "It's not like you are the one who is going to get beaten up, stop worrying."

Sky nodded before hopping of the counter. She had a frenemy to train.