Chapter 9- Back on track

' four thousand reads holy fu-'

"I'm sorry" Russia managed to get out of his mouth. America looked him. "It's alright, don't worry" "N-no, you don't understand. I'm truly sorry.." America made a questioned face. "Eh yeah, it's okay" Russia stayed silent. Then, he grabbed America by the shoulders. "America.." "Y-yeah?" America was looking at him and blushing, as he didn't know what he would do or say. Russia tried to say something but he couldn't. He was trying not to tear up Infront of him but he wasn't really succeeding. America then understood the situation. "If you want to cry, go ahead" Russia thought for a second. He chose to listen to America this time. He let go of America and looked away. Tears started rolling down his face. America putted him on the shoulders. "Do you need a minute? I can go out and leave you alone if you wa-" "Нет (no), stay here..I-I don't know what'll happen if you leave me alone again while I'm like this..." Russia said while sobbing. America hugged him tightly, comforting him. They were both blushing. A few moments passed but Russia eventually hugged back. America was really worried, he knew he wasn't only sad with the incident that happened before. He tried to think of something else that could have happened that upset him. 'Maybe because I blamed him for us getting trapped here, or for telling him that I, with the other countries, talked crap about him, or for talking about his dad' America realised that he wasn't being really nice to Russia and felt bad, but then thought that Russia was being mean too so he figured that he wasn't actually a bad person. He couldn't really find a good reason for him being upset so he finally found the courage to ask him. He took a deep breath and said "Russia". Russia didn't seem to move but he heard a quiet "Mmm..?". He took a breath again. "You're not only upset cause of what happened before, right?". Russia didn't say anything. America felt really awkward and thought that Russia didn't hear him or something and was about to ask him again. Then Russia looked at him. He had red eyes again. America hated seeing him like that. "No.." said Russia. "Then why?". Russia let go of the hug and sat on the edge of the bed. A few moments of silence passed again. "It's... Many things". America slowly sat next to him. "Do you wanna talk about it?" Russia wanted to resist really bad but he knew he had to eventually talk to someone about his problems. He sighed "I guess.." America smiled at him. "You know you can trust me with anything, right?". Russia smiled back slightly "I know, that's why I'm talking to you about it". "Do you want me to make some tea and talk about it in the kitchen?" Russia looked at America. "Tea? What are you, your dad?" America chuckled "Well I'm his son, aren't I? But jokes aside tea will help you relax and fix your mood" he then stood up and offered Russia a helping hand to get up. "Heh, if you say so" said Russia and grabbed America's hand.

Then they both went to the kitchen. Russia sat on a chair and America went to the kitchen to make the tea. Russia took that time to calm down, clear his mind and think about what he was going to say. But the only thing he could think about was America. He had feelings about him, but didn't know if he felt the same. He did. America felt the same for Russia, he just wasn't sure about it. But his beautiful eyes and attractive smile were just making his feeling clearer. Russia knew though that it wasn't the time to think about his little 'crush' thingy and tried to forget about it. America eventually came out of the kitchen with two cups of tea, one for Russia and one for him. He sat on a chair across Russia and offered him the tea. They smiled at eachother and Russia tried the tea. It tasted pretty good and it was nice and warm. They both took a sip and then America said "So, whenever you feel comfortable tell me what bothers you". Russia really appreciated the fact that America both wanted to know what happened and gave him space. He really cared about him. "There are many things" "Like?" "Eh.. as you have already figured, my father. Or at least that subject" America took a sip of his tea and then so did Russia. "Yeah, I did. You told me you had a bad childhood. What happened that affects you until now, if that's the case?" Russia felt a little uncomfortable as he didn't really like to talk about that subject but he tried to stay calm. "Ehh, basically everything, you know?". America seemed confused which made Russia even more uncomfortable. A few akward moments passed and America was about to say something but Russia talked first "He.. He beat me, alright? And said that I was worthless and a piece of sh*t. I'm not saying anything else.." America opened his eyes in surprise. He knew that USSR was an asshole but didn't expect him to beat up and say such things to his own children! He leaned closer to Russia. "And do you believe what he said?". Russia sighed. "It's just that.. you hear it over and over again and in the end you believe it. It's stuck in my brain..". America put his hand on Russia's solder. "Russ, everything he said isn't true. He couldn't be more wrong about you! And you might think that he's right because you have no friends, but that's because you weren't being yourself. You are great. Sweet, sensitive, lovable and a good person" Russia was looking at him with eyes wide open. He was visibly blushing. He then changed his expression to a warm smile. "Do you really think so?" "Of course! I love you man!" Russia was a blushing mess. "I-I love you too". America blushed too. Then he looked at him akwardly. "Like friends, right..?" "Eh, yeah. I ment that. Just sounded wrong." 'WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST SAY' "So eh, is there anything else?" "N-nah, you got me covered" "Are you sure..?" "Yup! I eh- Yeah that's all" Russia took a sip from his tea. "If you say so. If anything else is ever upsetting you, you know where to come" "To therapist mcgee" they both laughed. " I mean, if calling me that helps you sleep at night, sure". Small giggles here and there. "Anyway, didn't we want to do something with the walkie talkie?" "Oh yeah, from about three hours ago" America stood up with his tea "How about we go check it out?" Russia stood up with his tea too. "Sure".