Chapter 11- The light of day

In the morning everything was quiet in the saferoom. Both countries were awake, just not leaving their rooms. America was sitting on his bed, staring at Russia's. He was trying to figure out how to make Russia understand that he actually felt the same way, and was in shock too because from the previous night. All this started to hurt his brain, so he figured it would be better if he thought of something else. He got up from his bed and looked around desperate to find something to distract him. He searched through the shelves in his room, looked under the beds, behind doors and closets. He had nothing to do. But then something popped in his head. He remembered what Greece had said on the walkie talkie two days ago, they would be able to leave today! Or at least he hoped so. But.. if they were able to leave early, he wouldn't be able to fix his relationship with Russia! And in the state he is now, he probably wouldn't even want to look at him once they get out. He slowly went to his bed again and sat down, looking at the floor. He was breathing heavily and was sweating a little. 'I can't let that happen, I can't lose him. I need to tell him it was a misunderstanding! But how? He isn't leaving his room. Well I guess eventually he will to get out to go to the kitchen or bathroom but if they take us out before that happens?? Uuuh... Oh wait, I got it' America looked desperate. He rushed and swung the door of the bedroom open, and sprint to the spare room. He tried one more time to open the door but it was still locked, as he expected. He took a deep breath and thought for a moment. The thing he would do would be dangerous for both Russia and him, but he just wanted to see him again.
"Russia"
...
"Russia please open up.."
...
"Open up or I will have to do something that will hurt you, literally"
...
"I know you are awake, just please open the door..."
...
"Fine then. Just take a few steps back because a door might hit you in the face, okay?"
...
                "Alright. Let's do this one more time"

He took a few steps back, a deep breath and kicked the door like his life depended on it. Thank God it didn't hit any of them.

The moment the door swung open Russia, who was sitting in 'his' bed with his legs close to his chest and his arms wrapping around them so they stay in place, jumped and looked scared out of his mind. "Holy shit, you weren't kidding about the fucking door". America completely ignored what he said and hugged him as tight as he could. "Russia! Oh thank God you actually didn't do anything to yourself" America let go of him and sat kneeling. He looked at his eyes. They were red again, now even more, with black circles and tear stains around them. America grabbed Russia's hands. "You've been crying, haven't you?" Russia didn't respond, he just looked down and cowered his lips. "Russia.. Russia look at me. Please". He did as he was told to, but he was afraid to face him. He was full of pity and embarrassment. Basically wanted the ground to swallow him. "You don't need to worry, I feel the same way about you". Russia thought for a moment. "You are lying". America really didn't expect that answear, he looked confused as heck. "What? No, I'm telling you the truth". Russia had a sympathetic look on his face. "America please, I know you just want to make me feel better, but it doesn't work.. I'm just a souless bag of disappointment" "Russia, I mean it! I swear!" Russia pushed himself further from America. "No you don't! You're too nice to make me feel bad about mys-"

And at that moment, everything froze. The shorter country had grabbed the taller by his ushanka and smashed their lips together. It was forced, but amazing. Russia was staying still, shocked from what was happening. The heat rose in his cheeks as his tongue touched the other country's. The feeling of not wanting it to end came back, but someone had to break the kiss eventually. This time it was America. He pulled back slowly and leaned back. He looked at Russia, with sparks in his eyes. He smiled at him. But Russia? He was just a burning tomato that didn't believe what just happened. America giggled "You don't know what to say, huh?". Russia finally calmed himself and smiled back. He hugged America. "I love you" "I love you too".