一。歡迎來到瘋人院

(welcome to the madhouse)

  WHEN LIVIA WOKE UP THE NEXT MORNING, she wanted to strangle someone

Not that it was too concerning, waking up with murder on her mind has become an almost daily occurrence in the past while. Most of the time, it was some poor, unsuspecting classmate who prodded her a bit too much who receives the blunt end of her anger. She'd start spitting out rapid fast English insults, much to the confusion of her Chinese classmates who sometimes still struggled to form an understandable sentence. Most of them were getting better and better, but there's always the few exceptions Livia wanted to positively assassinate.

Feeling sluggish, Livia dragged herself to the bathroom and locked the door as Pamela came tumbling out of the bedroom, groaning as she watched the bathroom door close. Ignoring her sister, she combed her hand through her black hair, watching it fall onto her shoulders.

Within a few minutes, she was done. Walking out of the bathroom, she headed downstairs. Her parents were nowhere to be seen- probably still asleep. They deserved a break. Since they had no food or grocery in the house, Livia was supposed to drive Pamela out in their rented car until they managed to buy new ones. Three, her dad said. Three cars. Her dad will usually take one to work (her mother doesn't work anymore) and the other three can share two cars. Livia was still waiting for a new motorcycle, when she won't be using cars as much and will probably leave it to Pamela instead.

Advantages of being rich, she supposed.

Grabbing her bag (Chanel, duh), Livia started screaming for her sister. Her parents could sleep through it. Her parents slept through Livia attempting to kill Pamela before, after all. A few seconds later, Pammy slowly emerged from the stairs, as Livia dragged her by the collar and pulled her into the garage. A moment later, the two sisters were out on the road.

"McDonalds?"

Pamela looked horrified. "I am not going to my first day of school eating McDonald's."

"Where do you want to eat, then?" Snapped Livia, her gaze travelling out of the window. "Dog manure?" High-class or not, the amount of dogs in the neighbourhood ensured a lot of dog poop hidden in bushes and tall grass. They were just better at hiding it.

"Oh, I don't know, that nice restaurant down the street?"

Livia snorted. "That restaurant shut down a while ago. Unlike you, I was watching out of the window when we were driving to the mall yesterday night. Please, Pam, grow some eyes."

Sighing, Pamela didn't respond much as she stared out of the window, faking a bored look. Pamela was a great actress, but so was Livia. In fact, Livia had taught her sister the skills she then mastered, some may argue, even better than Livia. But even if Pam was better, Livia still had the ability to tell when her sister was utilising these skills. Like now.