三十二。哥兒們聊

(bro talk)

  "THAT WAS INTERESTING

"THAT WAS INTERESTING."

Livia let out a snort. "Sarah's an interesting person."

"That's an understatement."

"Good thing you came when you did- we would have killed each other otherwise," Livia huffed, pushing her dark hair black. "Sarah has no chill."

"Neither of you have the ability to 'chill'," James pointed out, scowling. "I wish you two did, because that way, you might actually get along, but unfortunately, you don't."

"Please, you guys love me for it."

"Until it gets too annoying," James riposted. "You both need to call down and have an actual decent conversation sometimes. It's not too difficult. You'll need a mediator, though. Just to make sure you guys don't kill each other accidentally. Or bun down the house."

"Ha!" Livia laughed. "As if either of us are that dumb. Fighting, sure. Burning? No."

"I doubt that."

Livia scoffed. "She's a huge bitch. Refuses to listen to the truth or any logic. She's hopeless."

"That sounds familiar," James sniped.

"Oh, shut up. At least I allowed myself to change. She, on the other hand..."

"You had time to cope. She didn't."

"She had a year."

"Alec's leukemia isn't just going to go away. Your parents didn't just divorce. You don't live in an empty house where no one cares for you."

Livia didn't say anything. She would never admit it, but she didn't know what to respond with.

"Doesn't excuse being a bitch," she finally snapped.

Both fell into a comforting silence, leaning against the corridor. No one came to find them like James did. She supposed most of them knew what was going on. She'd have expected Sarah to march back in in a fit of rage. The girl was not good at the art of cooling down, rather unfortunately.

"Well-"

It was at that moment a strange smell quickly permeated into the corridor. Livia sniffed. Something burnt...

Did those fuckers set something on fire?

"Do you smell that?" Livia asked softly. To that, James took a glance around. "I said smell, not see, you idiot."

James' eyes rolled. "I know. I'm not stupid, you know? Okay. I'm stupid with lots of things, but not that stupid."

"Could have fooled me," Livia snorted. "We should check that out, in case Ben somehow set something on fire. We jinxed it, I swear."