三十。世界全轉了

the world turned upside down)

  "I AM SO GLAD we will never have to walk into that building again," Lila let out a loud, dramatic sigh, not bothering to stop for a few last pictures like the rest of the students did

"I AM SO GLAD we will never have to walk into that building again," Lila let out a loud, dramatic sigh, not bothering to stop for a few last pictures like the rest of the students did. Livia laughed at her friend's exasperation, while Brie shoved her phone away after a series of pictures.

Most of the other students were leaving with their parents, but Brie had invited everyone to hang out at her house. Ben's home, apparently, and Mr and Mrs Carmen had things to do immediately after the graduation ceremony (much to Brie's dismay). Still, it meant all of them could hang out together.

One last time.

Hell, Livia even promised not to make any unnecessary jabs at the red-haired bitch. Brie had taken her word for it begrudgingly, though she could tell that the dark-skinned girl still had her doubts.

"And now you head off to college, find a job-"

"-and die," Lila chuckled darkly. "This is going to be such a drag."

"Oh shut up, you killjoy," Brie shot with a fast glare. "Just get to my house and stuff your mouth with soda."

"I hate soda," Lila frowned.

"Exactly."

Lila let out a scoff. "Give me water, and I'll be fine."

"Can the two of you stop trying to kill each other?"

"We aren't trying to kill each other," Lila argued with a snort. "That's your thing, not ours. Unlike you, we aren't violent. We're ladies."

"A lady does not snort."

"Oh, shut up!"

Brie kept up from there: "A lady does not tell others to shut up."

Lila sighed. "Brie, I'm literally trying to help you here."

Brie grinned. "Don't need your help. I can handle myself."

"It's only thanks to me you haven't been verbally massacred yet," Lila glowered. "You owe me, Carmen, you owe me."

Brie rolled her eyes, and Livia simply shook her head.

"You two are way too naive," she grunted after a moment's silence. "Absolutely children, I say. Can't believe you're both about to turn eighteen."

Lila and Brie shared a look and a laugh as they linked their arms together. "You're just jealous, dearest Livia. Don't worry, you're our best friend too," Brie grinned, looping her arm around Livia's shoulder. "At least you're my best friend, not sure about... messy-haired Anderson here."

Livia stole a look at Lila's hair: it was perfect.

"What are you on about?" Lila scowled. "My hair's amazing! I cannot wait to dye it, honestly. God, we're finally out of school, can you believe it?"