Falling Apart

A/N: I think you can tell from the title what this is about. Here comes the angst.

-Leah

Trigger warning: depression and drug usage

~

Out of nowhere, Jim scooted closer to Seb, slipping an arm around his torso and leaning his head on Seb's shoulder. And they were only fifteen minutes into the movie.

Seb found the movie rather dull. It was some stereotypical romcom about a guy meeting a girl and falling immediately. It was flat-out boring, in Seb's opinion.

"You know," Jim said quietly. "He reminds me of you." He was talking about the male lead, who was currently the only one in the frame.

"How?" Seb asked.

"You spat out water the first time you saw me. Doesn't take a genius to figure it out."

There was a smirk in his voice, and it made Seb smile.

"It was just bad timing," Seb said. "I happened to be drinking water at the time and I didn't expect you to be so..."

"Sexy?"

"No, I didn't expect you to be so short," Seb laughed.

"I'm not short!" Jim protested. "As I've told you before, Moran, I'm..."

"Only an inch shorter than average, I know," Seb laughed.

Jim scoffed, shifting slightly away. Seb tightened the arm around his shoulders, keeping Jim close to him.

"You prick," Jim muttered angrily.

"Shut up and watch the damn movie," Seb laughed.

"You're the one that keeps talking!"

"Shut up; they're about to kiss!"

"Don't tell me what to do, Moran!"

"Sh!"

Seb pulled the blanket over Jim's mouth, his eyes fixed on the screen as the leading couple kissed for the first time over their candlelit dinner. By the time Jim was able to pull the blanket away from his face, the kiss had ended. Before Jim could speak, Seb shut him up with a sloppy kiss.

Jim moved away quickly, wiping his mouth on his sleeve, disgust filling his countenance.

"I love you, but can you just be quiet?" Seb asked, smiling.

"Fine," Jim muttered.

After a few more moments, Jim went back to cuddling into Seb's side, pulling their blanket up to his chin. Seb gladly slipped his arm back around Jim's small shoulders.

"I love you too," Jim whispered, scooting even closer, as if trying to live off of Seb's body heat.

"I know, babe."

Seb marveled all over again at how huggable Jim was. He wanted to snuggle with Jim until they ceased to exist together. He wanted to share body heat until they fell asleep or died.

So when the movie ended, they both let the credits roll without doing anything to turn the tele off. The credits finally finished, and they stared at the DVD menu screen for a few awkward, silent moments.

"Do you just stock up on romcoms for when you get the chance?" Seb asked, trying to make conversation.

"It was a birthday present from my sister," Jim scoffed. "Apparently she thought I could watch it with a girlfriend or something."

Seb snorted, having trouble imagining Jim with a girlfriend.

"Does she even know you?" Seb asked.