Manslaughter or Murder

Trigger warning: Mentions of murder and blood

Jim woke up with Seb's chest against his back and an arm over his torso. Part of Jim wanted to move as far away from the spoon as possible, but the other part wanted to stay where he was comfortable: in Seb's arms. He decided that he was too tired to move and stayed where he was, so he laid there and thought about stuff for a while.

If Seb killed my brother, that wouldn't make him any different. That doesn't mean he loves you any less. And besides, it could've been an accident. Maybe that's why he hurts himself. He killed your brother and he feels guilty about it. But he might not have even killed your brother anyways.

Seb adjusted in his sleep to put his head against the back of Jim's neck. He let out a small noise that sounded like "hm" and had no meaning.

Jim couldn't see how someone this precious could've cold-heartedly killed his brother.

~

Seb yawned as he walked into the kitchen. Jim was already at the table, eating a piece of toast and looking at something on his phone. His back was to Seb.

Seb snuck up behind him and wrapped his arms around Jim's waist.

Jim started, clearly not expecting this.

"Sorry kitten; did I scare you?" Seb asked quietly, laughing.

"No!" Jim denied.

"Sure," Seb laughed.

Jim saw that Seb's arms were bare, meaning that he hadn't gotten dressed yet.

"Get dressed, you prick!" Jim laughed.

"It's less for you to take off," Seb whispered, a smile in his voice.

"Oh my God!" Jim laughed, trying to push him off. 

Seb gave Jim a small squeeze before he let go to find something to eat for breakfast. He walked around the table, fully displaying how he was only wearing boxers.

"You're leaving a bit too little to the imagination, Seb," Jim laughed, shielding his eyes with his hand.

"Really?" Seb asked, leaning across the table and putting his face close to Jim's. "I thought it was a bit too much. I could take them off... if you want."

"God, stop! I need to eat breakfast!"

"Alright," Seb sighed, kissing him briefly and turning back around to get breakfast. "How'd you sleep?"

"Pretty well," Jim answered. "You?"

"I had a nightmare, but it wasn't bad enough to wake you up too. Besides, it wasn't that bad."

"What happened in it?" Jim asked.

"Doesn't matter," Seb answered, avoiding the question on purpose.

His dream had been about killing Rich, but he'd managed to wake up before he'd gotten to the part that really made his stomach twist. Sure, he'd woken up sweating and scared to death of himself, but at least he'd woken up with Jim asleep by him.

"Seb," Jim sighed. "Of course it matters. I love you and I want to know what bothers you."

"Just..." Seb stuttered, trying to come up with a lie quick enough, "Rich and I were pretty good friends, that's all. And thinking a lot about him yesterday must've made me dream about him too. Just about the last time I saw him before he... disappeared."

Seb was proud of himself for coming up with that lie on the spot. This way, he didn't sound like a murderer. Wait. It wasn't murder if it was an accident, right?