1

Today is day one of my new job as a secretary at Bighit Entertainment and I can't tell if i'm nervous or excited or both.

I've been out of a job for so long and have been crashing with my friend, Taehyung and while he's been my best friend since birth I'm starting to feel like an annoying mess. So finally with this job I can get standing on my own two feet and get out of Tae's hair.

"Jihyeon, you ready yet?"

Taehyung's head popped into the bathroom that I had been.

When I stopped applying lip liner for a second to look at him and give him a sheepish smile, he dramatically groaned.

"Jihyeon! You have been in this bathroom for like 200 hours now! Get out already, you can't be late on your first day."

"Ugh. Don't you think I know that? But I also can't look ugly on my first day either."

"Oh, what are you trying to allure your boss? And on the first day?! Jihyeon, I must say that I am shocked at your forwardness."

I could tell why Tae was frustrated with me. He had gotten me this job in the first place and I didn't want to make him look bad so I quickly got out of the bathroom. Too quickly that I had dropped my phone on the way out.

Even though I wasn't looking at Tae I could practically hear the smirk on his lips and the roaring laughter that was about to spill from his big mouth.

Taehyung had already met and seen my boss 10 million times since he was apart of the boy group, BTS which was under the company I was now working for.

"Tae what am I gonna do, I don't even know anyone that's going to be there."

Taehyung choked between his fits of laughter, "you'd probably... still... suck- "

"Ya! Kim Taehyung! Shut up, that's gross." I laughed but made sure to show that I was annoyed with him.

I knew Tae was joking, of course, being one of Korea's top celebrities he often encountered the "elite" and was also unsettled by their disillusioned detachment from the rest of the world.

"Oh calm down! I guess the saying you are what you eat still applies." He had begun to walk out of the bathroom when he muttered under his breath.

"-ick"

"What did you say Tae? I didn't quite catch that?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Ugh nothing." He grumbled. "Just hurry up so we can go."

******

About 10 minutes later, I was standing at the front door of our apartment ready to go.

Taehyung was grabbing his keys when he saw me.

"Finally!" He paused and gave me a once over. "Oh-kaaaay so all that time spent in the bathroom actually went somewhere. You look really nice, Jihyeon. Ihope your boss and the members feel the same."

He winked at me and I rolled my eyes, walking ahead of him to the car.

******

The drive to the Bighit Ent. building wasn't too long, but I'd probably take the bus back home to spare Taehyung the ride.

"Good luck, Jihyeon! Tell the boys I'll see them later, I have some things to take care of."

Taehyung stopped his car in the front entrance and me a squeeze on my thigh. I smiled at the gesture and remembered that tiny fling we had in high school that we ended because we realized we were way better off as friends. Time and feelings had passed but he'll always have a spot in my heart.

"Thanks" I took a deep breath and gave Taehyung a quick hug before I walked out of the car and stepped into the grand building.

I saw Tae pull away just as I reached the front desk.

I must have zoned out because the desk attendant, with a bored tone asked

"Is there anything I could help you with?"

Shaken by her cold tone, but regaining my calm composure, I replied

"Hi, yes, I'm the new secretary for Bighit."

"Oh?" was all she said as she continued to give me a once over.

She snuffed and stood up from her desk.

"Well, follow me. Please don't be slow. Even though no one has ever met the boss, he hates tardiness. If the members notice, they'll most likely tell him."

I inwardly groaned as I sped up my pace. From the vibe of this - my new workplace and the little I've heard about my new boss bored my brains out. I didn't have room to complain though, the pay was amazing and I'll be working with Korea's highest idols.

It seemed as if we had been on this elevator forever when we finally reached the 80th floor.

The attendant motioned for me to walk out first. So I did and took in the grand hallway and the ornate door in front of me.

The attendant knocked and said

"Kids, the new secretary Ms. Park is here."

From behind the door I could hear music playing and feet shuffling as the sound approached the door.

"Well, don't be shy, the door is open."

When I turned the attendant was gone and a shiver ran down my spine.

I took a deep breath and turned the knob, not ready to be facing 6 faces.

******

i've never written a BTS fanfic before so I hope y'all enjoyed the first chapter lmao.