17

I woke up with a headache and an ache in my
heart. The reminders of what happened last night rang in my head over and over again. I laughed bitterly at myself, reminded back to when I got kicked out of my dad's house. The dejavú hurt like a bitch. I haven't felt so empty since living with my dad, but I guess this is what heartbreak feels like.

The thought made me want to cry again so I fell back into bed, ignoring my throbbing head as I hid under the covers. I was never going to leave. I'd quit my job through email. I'd never be able to see Jungkook again. He hates me. I hate myself. I bit back the tear that threatened to fall over by biting my lip. I didn't stop until I tasted blood. Good. I deserved it.

A knock on the door startled me from my thoughts, "It's Taehyung, I'm coming in."

I was just about to protest but he was already
inside. "I brought breakfast."

I looked down, "Thanks, you didn't have to."

I was smart enough to assume that just
because Tae rescued me, it didn't mean we were cool. We still haven't actually talked. I wouldn't push him though.

"What was I going to do? Let you starve? You're
my best friend, I wouldn't do that."

I looked up at him, surprised, "I didn't know you still considered me that?"

He sat down by me on the bed, "You'd think I'd let a guy get between us? I love you too much for that."

Tears welled in my eyes, I was glad to have my best friend. I threw myself in his arms and cried,
"I love you too, Tae Tae."

He hated when I called him that but it brought me
closer to him in a way.

He wrapped his arms around me tightly and placed a kiss on my forehead, "I love you more, Jihyeon."

After sobbing in his shirt, he began to speak, "I told you he was trouble. I've been around him long enough to know."

"You don't even know what happened. It was my fault."

He tilted my head to look at him, "It was not your fault. I saw what happened. You didn't cheat, I know you. I remember you meeting Jimin that night we went to the bar. If you slept with him it doesn't matter because you and Jungkook weren't together then."

"I didn't sleep with him."

Taehyung looked at me and smiled, "Good."

Under his intense stare, I blushed. Weird.

He continued sternly after tapping my nose,
"Maybe you should have told him? Sorry, I eavesdropped. He shouldn't have left you in a parking lot. What if I wasn't there? Then what?"

Tae was upset and gradually began to tighten his grip, "Tae, u-um it hurts."

He loosened his grip, "I'm sorry. I'm just really stressed."

I looked up at him, holding his face in my hands,
"You don't need to worry, I'm here and you were there to save me. As usual."

He wrapped his arms around my waist and we stayed like that until I noticed our faces inching closer. I stopped before our lips could meet.

I looked away, embarrassed. I don't even know what is happening with Jungkook and I, and I'm already trying to rebound with my best friend.

"I should eat that breakfast now."

He rubbed his neck, looking as embarrassed as me,
"Yeah, you should. I'll go."

I stopped him, "You don't have to leave."

"I'm not leaving. I'm just waiting. I'm going to wait for you."

His words sounded like they had a double
meaning, but I was too tired to decode what they meant so I just nodded.

He gave me a peck on my forehead before leaving and rubbed the top of my head.

Tae warmed my heart, but I still wasn't over Jungkook. I should see him. See if we could fix this. We should still be able to fix this. I loved him and I knew he loved me. Right?